• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PHB 2 street date broken, let the hunting begin.

Fedifensor

Explorer
With Martial Power, I was able to order and download the PDF on release day. I plan to do the same thing with the PHB 2. Then, if I like it enough to get a physical copy, I can go and purchase one after the big rush, without missing out on the content in the meantime.

J. R. Scherer

First Post
Is this just another way that big chains screw the little guys?

It's not something that big chains even think about actually. Seriously, the typical FLGS just is not anywhere near their competitive radar and RPG books are not even close to being top sellers for them. They get their shipment of books in so then, logically, they put the books on the shelf. That's really all there is to it. Street dates don't mean much unless it's the mega-release of the next Harry Potter book or something else along those lines.

Wik

First Post
One of my LGS is actually not going to sell it until Saturday, to coincide with worldwide D&D gameday. I thought that was the release date, until I was told otherwise.

So... I'm buying it at the other game store. It's a bit more of a walk, but oh well. I needs me some bard lovin'!!!

grickherder

First Post
With Martial Power, I was able to order and download the PDF on release day. I plan to do the same thing with the PHB 2. Then, if I like it enough to get a physical copy, I can go and purchase one after the big rush, without missing out on the content in the meantime.

I plan on doing the same thing. I added myself to the preorder at a local store and will get it when it comes in, but enjoy the PDF in the mean time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads