• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PHB II has a spell, that does nothing. ;)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Eh. I kinda liked the game before we got swift and immediate actions.

Do you mean "before they used the words swift and immediate in conjunction with spells" or "before spells that could be cast like a free action, but only once per round, and some of them even out of turn"?

Quicken spell more or less turns spells into swift spells, and feather fall is quasi-immediate.

Christian

Explorer
cmanos said:
Also handy if you get attacked when the mage is on watch alone. Like that happens often.

RBDM rule# 671: If the mage is on watch alone, the random encounter roll is to be waived. Monsters can smell a mage on watch alone from hundreds of miles away.

:]

Thanee

First Post
starwed said:
Well, the rule is this:
If you are affected by a spell while attempting to cast a spell of your own, you must make a Concentration check or lose the spell you are casting. If the spell affecting you deals damage, the DC is 10 + points of damage + the level of the spell you’re casting.

If the spell interferes with you or distracts you in some other way, the DC is the spell’s saving throw DC + the level of the spell you’re casting. For a spell with no saving throw, it’s the DC that the spell’s saving throw would have if a save were allowed.

I would understand this, that the spell needs to either deal damage or to distract in some way in order to cause a Concentration check.

Bye
Thanee

werk

First Post
cmanos said:
So instead of spending a standard action to wake one of your friends who has fallen under the effect of a sleep spell....or even is resting for the evening, you can snap your fingers and wake all your friends int he area of effect with one action.

Pretty handy at low levels when sleep spells are flying around. Also handy if you get attacked when the mage is on watch alone. Like that happens often.

SO I should take Rouse for my first level sorc instead of Magic Missle?

DONE! :lol:

Christian said:
RBDM rule# 671: If the mage is on watch alone, the random encounter roll is to be waived. Monsters can smell a mage on watch alone from hundreds of miles away.

:]
I'd say if the mage is on watch, something is seriously wrong with the party :) (And be it, that it consists only of mages :) )

J-Buzz

First Post
So would you say that the spell will awaken a creature or allie sleeping as a result of a sleep spell. I think I would rule it that way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads