• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PHB2: Duskblade spell list... is there a correction out yet?

Phaedrus

First Post
The spell list for the Duskblade on pg 98 includes only the new spells in the PHB2. Yet the "how to play" text recommends spells like shocking grasp, expeditious retreat, and true strike.

So has WOTC posted a correction/errata/etc?

Thanks.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Phaedrus said:
The spell list for the Duskblade on pg 98 includes only the new spells in the PHB2. Yet the "how to play" text recommends spells like shocking grasp, expeditious retreat, and true strike.

So has WOTC posted a correction/errata/etc?

Thanks.

The full spell list for the duskblade is on page 24. (The reference on page 19 to the list on page 98 is in error).

Cheers!

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
You know, I think if there is anything that WotC can learn from the PHB II, it's that they should include both the new spells and old ones as well on their master spell tables for new classes. I think I have seen this issue about 50 times since the book was released. It seems like the character class description is really not clear.

--Steve

BadMojo

First Post
I hope, besides correcting the reference to the Duskblade spell list, the only errata is to limit the Duskblade abilities to Duskblade spells only. I'd be sorely dissapointed if the class is nerfed in any way, considering the book has just been released.

Kestrel

Explorer
Me and another player in my group had the exact same problem. The way they list the spell list on pg 24 makes it look like the sample pc's spell list, not the one for the class.

Anyone notice that if you have a +3 or higher int bonus that you get shafted on 0 level spells? (of course I might be missing something)

BadMojo

First Post
Kestrel said:
Anyone notice that if you have a +3 or higher int bonus that you get shafted on 0 level spells? (of course I might be missing something)

Yeah, but IMO it's not a huge deal. A higher DC on spell saves is worth far more than a few potential missing 0 level spells.

Also, if I had a 16 or higher in an ability score I'm not entirely sure I wouldn't put it in to Strength instead of Intelligence. Since you're going to be spending times in the front lines, a high Con. wouldn't hurt either.

Tzarevitch

First Post
Phaedrus said:
Well color me stupid.

Thanks.

Honestly. I made the same mistake. I posted about the same thing about a month ago. The format they used where they only listed the new spells in the spell index section is very confusing.

Tzarevitch

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads