• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PHB3 Debut: Ardent Speculation

Phaezen

Adventurer
My best guess here would be Psionic Leader, possibly Defender or with defender secondary.

I expect Mantles might work in a similar way to stances or might be sustain minor powers.

Rechan

Adventurer
The Wilden, finished, is also being given.

But they haven't updated the calendar so it's hard to tell when we're getting the goods.

Dausuul

Legend
Hopefully this link will help

Oh.

...Huh.

I guess this just sums up the fundamental weirdness of psionic classes to me. I can sorta see the concept, I guess, but I keep looking at it and going, "...Huh."

The more I think about it, the more I think they should have folded the psionic power source into the ki/chi power source instead of the other way around. This class seems like it would be much easier to grasp if they called it "philosopher" and made it a kind of Confucian-style leader, who strengthens the party by exemplifying the virtues of his/her chosen philosophy and inspiring them to do likewise.

Last edited:

Gargazon

First Post
I thought the other two psionic classes in this book would be the Empath and Battlemind? Maybe they've renamed the Empath. Or, alternatively, they've made the Ardent Divine. It was already a kind of psionic-cleric, maybe they just took the Mantles idea and changed its source.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads