• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PHB3 In Hand...

Luinnar

First Post
Can you give us a little more info on hybrids? (or can anyone link me to some more info beyond what is said one the wizard's site?)

Thanks

Deverash

First Post
About the runepriest's runes, how do you activate/switch between them? Is it "whenever you use a runepriest attack power"? Or do you have to use a minor action to draw and it stays in effect until the end of encounter or next turn...?

Some runepriest powers have the Runic keyword. Before you use them, you pick a rune state(destruction or protection), and then your in that state until just before you use another Runic power. The runic powers seem to be their Rune of Healing(or whatever it's called), the at-wills and the Encounter powers.

They don't do more healing than a cleric, but a lot more buffing. And they have access to an interesting string of Rune feats, which give benefits based on how many Rune feats you have. A heroic one gives a bonus to Diplomacy and Insight(iirc), and an epic one gives an ally a bonus to attack and damage when your bloodied. There are a total of 8 rune feats in PHB3, but I'd definately expect more in Divine Power 2, whenever that comes out.

Voadam

Legend
Feats... Holy moly, theres tons of them... new power swap feats for the psionic classes, and a tidy up of paragon multiclassing.

I'm currently playing a paragon multiclass character and I too would be interested in hearing more about anything it has on multiclassing.

Dausuul

Legend
Hmm... reviewing the list of superior implements. (They remind me a lot of Diablo 2, actually, but that might be because I'm on a D2 kick right now.)

Obviously, Accurate anything is good, and the Un- options (unerring, undeniable, unstoppable) are also useful if they play to a class's strengths. Empowered Crit, like most crit-based options, is weaksauce... it's essentially +0.5 to +0.6 on your average damage, and the high variance means a greater likelihood of damage wasted on "blowthrough." Energized could be very strong if you specialize in one attack form.

I don't play divine casters much so can't assess the holy symbols well, nor the totems.

Looking at the wizard implements... well, as usual, the bland boring option trumps the exciting quirky ones. Accurate is clearly going to be the implement of choice in most cases. The only exception is the Dragontooth Wand, which is very close to the Accurate Wand in overall utility--wizard attack powers target Reflex very heavily, and the Dragontooth gets +1 damage to boot.

I could see certain narrow specialties being used with other implements; the Crystal Orb for illusion-wizards and the Quickbeam Staff for a wizard specializing in Thunderwave. (Although Thunderwave-monkeys are usually orbizards, thanks to the Wisdom secondary.) The rest... meh.

The Ashen Rod is a possibility for infernolocks. I think other warlocks will go with Accurate almost exclusively.

capn_frank

First Post
I'm currently playing a paragon multiclass character and I too would be interested in hearing more about anything it has on multiclassing.

On page 193-194 of the PHB3 it talks about Multiclass feats.
First 6 feats to allow you to multiclass into the 6 new classes, then 3 to swap powers because the ardent, battlemind and Psion don't have encounter attack powers.

Then this explanatory text:

Paragon Multiclassing
This section expands on the paragon multiclassing rules on page 209 of the Player's Handbook.
Qualifying: To qualify for p.m, you must have a multiclass encounter, a m. utility, and a m. daily feat, regardless of those feats' names. The three feats must be for the same class.
Psionic Augmentation: too much to type but basically if one of your classes can augment the 11th level benefit is different depending if it's your first or second class or both. 12th and 20th level benefits are the same.

Voadam

Legend
On page 193-194 of the PHB3 it talks about Multiclass feats.
First 6 feats to allow you to multiclass into the 6 new classes, then 3 to swap powers because the ardent, battlemind and Psion don't have encounter attack powers.

Then this explanatory text:

Paragon Multiclassing
This section expands on the paragon multiclassing rules on page 209 of the Player's Handbook.
Qualifying: To qualify for p.m, you must have a multiclass encounter, a m. utility, and a m. daily feat, regardless of those feats' names. The three feats must be for the same class.
Psionic Augmentation: too much to type but basically if one of your classes can augment the 11th level benefit is different depending if it's your first or second class or both. 12th and 20th level benefits are the same.

Much appreciated, thanks. So they made clarifications for bards and windports with two multiclasses.

Remove ads