Phineas’s Dungeon Maps o’ the Week: Underdark Edition

frankthedm

First Post
rom90125 said:
Phineas, Thank you so much! These are awesome! My party has just started a long Underdark exploration, and I intend to put your maps to great use.

Thanks again.

having just seen "The Cave" I have a great desire to use many of those maps. Sadly, One of my players saw that movie with me and is making sure i DON'T get to use said maps.

Phineas Crow

First Post
Unfortunately, No new maps this week.

I'm still working on the ruined dwarven city of Barem Torr. These maps are more complex than the previous ones and are going to require a lot more time to make.

mseds99

First Post
Thanks

I'm starting to plan out an Underdark campaign with your collection of maps as part of the backdrop. Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

P0L

Explorer
Phineas,

Your maps are great material for my campaign, that is undergoing a short underdark trip. They also have great flavor and ideas I will definetly try to use.

Just wanted to thank you for your great work

Phineas Crow

First Post
Still working on the Barem Torr maps, but here is a preview map of what I've been working on. My handwriting didn't turn out too good so I'll probably end up redoing the text at some point.

Attachments

• baremtorr_side.jpg
    baremtorr_side.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 413

Phineas Crow

First Post
Here is the 1st ring of Barem Torr, I didn't bother drawing individual buildings (it seemed like a waste of time). As you can tell I added the text digitally, which is a little jarring and looks worse than my handwriting, so I'll probably hand write the text sometime latter.

Also I will be doing some written descriptions of the maps like I usually do, but not until I get all the maps done.

Edit: I just noticed I left a bit of grey on the right side of the map, I'll get rid of that whenever I redo the text.

Attachments

• barem_ring1.gif
    barem_ring1.gif
    72.3 KB · Views: 433

Baron Opal

First Post
Holy Christmas, Phineas, your maps are exceptional. I love your plans sketched out in the cross-section. I have a campaign arc where the PCs might have to find and explore a dwarven ruin. These maps are spectacular.

I have CC2 myself, and am saving up to get the Tome of Ultimate Mapping. Unfortunatly I don't make the time to practice enough with the software. Thanks again for your efforts.

Remove ads