• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pick a charity!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! :)

I thought the Save the Children Fund was a poignant idea...it would be nice to think the gesture itself could in some small way inspire future generations of roleplayers.

Maraxle

First Post
Holy Bovine said:
United Way tends to see a lot of its donations eaten up by administration costs (the last figure I saw was that $0.48 of every dollar they collected went to admin costs). It would be more effective IMO to give to one specific charity and cut out the 'middleman' so to speak.
Actually, United Way has one of the lower administrative cost rates in the industry. The Better Business Bureau guideline is 35% for charities. United Way, in its larger branches, averages as low as 13%. That's darn good.

Last edited:

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Rav said:

Really? Something happened with Unicef in the US?

There are a handful of issues, but one of the big ones is that there is a perception that the UNICEF is used by the UN as an attack dog on Israel.

FD

Dingleberry

First Post
Morrus, I know you're located in the UK, but soliciting charitable contributions is heavily regulated in the US. You might want to run this program past an attorney - or at least check with the selected charity - for guidance on how to structure it so it complies with all applicable laws.

BluWolf

Explorer
My vote would be for Doctors without borders.

I think it is the most inspirational choice for a world community such as ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads