• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pick your favorite: Demon, Devil or Yugoloth

Pick your favorite: Demon, Devil or Yugoloth

• Demon (CE)

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • Devil (LE)

Votes: 47 45.2%
  • Yugoloth (NE)

Votes: 20 19.2%

• Poll closed .

radferth

First Post
I vote for daemons (crappy new name not withstanding). I had a great Ultradaemon encounter which really messed up the party. I guess I just like how they are evil without some other agenda.

ForceUser

Explorer
Devils. They're cunning and sublime. They'll lure you into evil and you won't even know you've been conned until you're holding the bloody knife.

Clueless

Webmonkey
I think I'm required by 'DM will mercilessly slay PC' rules to vote Yugoloth. But I'll admit to a wistful fondness for Ancient Baatorians and Baatezu. ;)

Shadowbane2

First Post
I like the ability for small numbers of trained devils, beat giant, unruely hordes of deamons. My vote is for devils.

Plus pit fiend are some of the coolest monsters in the game. (Way cooler than Balors, IMO)

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
None of the above.

When all the devils' machinations are finished, all the yugoloths' schemes are unraveled, all the demons' fury spent, elder Things will remain, cyclopean horrors from shadowed antiquity, pre-human abominations to whom the fiends are no more and no less than humanoids or gods - transient insects to be crushed without even noticing their existence. :]

Dragonbait

Explorer
Yougoloth, but it's a tough decision. I like them because they are more 'alien' than the others. I like the bestial nature of the tanar'ri, and the classic devil/gargoyle design of the baatezu.

I got it! Daemonads are my favorite!

3d6

Explorer
I've always prefered devils in the abstract (that is, I like the idea of lawful fiends more than chaotic ones). However, I find that, when looking at individual monsters, I find each individual demons more interesting. I find the balor more interesting than the pit fiend (and the balor has a better name), etc.

LordVyreth

First Post
I prefer devils, because honestly, I have an easier time keeping track of them. Succubi and Mariliths are easy enough, but I honestly have to reread the Nalfeshnee and such every time I want to use a demon. Plus, when I want to use a more bizarre, CE type outsider, I find it's more fun to just make my own.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I like demons I guess. Yugoloths are a close second though!

I think devils should not be grotesque or monstrous -- they should be beautiful and alluring, like angels. Only mean and evil. Thus I don't think D&D's devils really do the trick for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads