Piece of Mind: Thin Air

Bobitron

Explorer
Slocum said:
“Could that be something to do with ‘Mr. Lucky’? I don’t know what that means. Did you try searching for that term?”

"Yes, of course. Nothing on the computer. If you could check his files at work, that might be helpful."

The Shaman

First Post
"Yes, of course. Nothing on the computer. If you could check his files at work, that might be helpful."

“And nothing on the Internet?” Slocum asks. “Could it be a reference to a person or a place that he knows, something like that?”

Bobitron

Explorer
Slocum said:
“And nothing on the Internet?” Slocum asks. “Could it be a reference to a person or a place that he knows, something like that?”

"I didn't dig online. I assumed I would get a bunch of unrelated hits. I can look now, though."

Letting her computer connect to the hotel's WiFi service, Kristen started to go through a quick web search.

"OK, let's see... the movie, a country club in Arizona, a band from Houston, a vegetable producer and marketer in Celaya, Mexico... wait. Here's a resturant in Seattle. (206) 282-1960, 315 1st Ave N, Seattle 98109. Maybe something there?"

The Shaman

First Post
“I know that place – near Pioneer Square,” Slocum answers. “Was there anything in his credit card statements to tie him to it? Anyone he knows connected to the restaurant?” The attorney looks over Kristen’s shoulder as she scrolls the search page. “Country music place in Phoenix – does he listen to country? Or has he visited Arizona recently? Does he know anyone in Phoenix? A John Lee Hooker album. A BMX bike. A James Swain novel – does he read noir fiction?” He sighs. “Does anything connect for you?”

Anyone assisting in the search please make a generic Knowledge skill check.

Falkus

Explorer
Hawk kept quiet for a moment. He didn't really have anything to contribute, investigation not being his forte. "A restauraunt, eh?" when it came up. "If the Mr. Lucky is referring to anything, that seems like the best possibility. Maybe he was meeting somebody?"

Bobitron

Explorer
Slocum said:
“Does anything connect for you?”

"Hmmm. Let me look into it. Any of you remember something? I'm sure I would have it in my notes if there was anything..."

ooc: Research +9, Kristen rolls 1d20+9, getting [3,9] = 12. I didn't add any synergy for Computer Use. Any help you all can provide would be appreciated. :)

kmdietri

Explorer
"I'm thinking we'll need to spend the evening going over notes." Says Decker as he takes a seat at one of the chairs at the table, resting his chin on his fist in thought.

OoC:

Knowledge: 22 Would you look at that a natural 20 :)

If that brings anything to mind I'll chime in now.

The Shaman

First Post
Decker...[sblock]John Lee Hooker. An album called Mr. Lucky.

There was an extensive collection of blues CDs in Gold's house, including at least a half-dozen John Lee Hooker CDs! Maybe Mr. Lucky is among them...?

OoC: Good roll! Your final score was 27 - the relevant skill was Knowledge (popular culture). :) [/sblock]

kmdietri

Explorer
"Wait a minute..." Decker says as as he recalls some details of their investigation.

Originally Posted by The Shaman
John Lee Hooker. An album called Mr. Lucky.

There was an extensive collection of blues CDs in Gold's house, including at least a half-dozen John Lee Hooker CDs! Maybe Mr. Lucky is among them...?

Originally Posted by The Shaman
Texas International Blues Festival and Poor David's Blues-o-rama, both in Dallas. In the den are a widescreen television and an impressive stereo system, with an equally impressive CD collection. The blues theme is carried here as well: Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Charley Patton, John Lee Hooker, Lead Belly, Robert Johnson, Johnny Shines.

"Anyone feel like breaking and entering again?" Asks Decker after explaining his theory.

The Shaman

First Post
“Hold on!” interjects Slocum. “First, I can’t be a party to planning a criminal act, and as officer of the court I’m telling you, you cannot break into Gold’s house. Again. Second, what exactly do you think is in this CD case, anyway? The restaurant seems like a more important clue.” He pauses for a moment, thinking. “Let me have those license numbers you collected. I’m going to make a call.” Taking the numbers and his cell phone, he excuses himself and steps into the hall.

Remove ads