• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piratecat, I have succumbed! (Warning: some OSM spoilers)

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
OK, I popped down to the local (read: only) game store to pick up a copy of "Secrets of Tatooine" for my StarWars GM.

Then I saw it.

Of Sound Mind.

Don't think about it, I said. Your players are all 5th-7th level now I said. But I weakened. After all, you are someone who knows how to set great scenes, right?

So I bought it.

Am I pleased? You betcha! I've just skimmed through it, and I love some of the ideas that I've seen, (especially the more creepy and disturbing ones :) ) and it will fit so nicely into one of my campaign threads I'm going to have to decide how to incorporate it (and how to scale it successfully - I may ask for suggestions in the place where RBDMs gather...)

Plus - congrats to Fiery Dragon too - this is the first non-WotC module that I've purchased and I'm extremely impressed by the production quality and layout. Plus counters! Cool!

Anyhow - cheers mate!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashy

First Post
Yea, I picked it up this weekend as well - top shelf and tarmy I must say!!! It looks BEAUTIFUL and an awesome story to match!!! :D

You Fiery bloods should be PROUD! :)

Holden MaGroin

First Post
Well, I tried to succumb. I went to my local gamestore on saturday, but they had sold out! :(

It was my own fault - I could have reserved it, but their d20 stuff doesn't sell out so fast (like it did when 3E first came out), so I figured I'd be safe for a week or so.

Wrong!

They'll get more copies this week, so it looks like next saturday will be my chance.

Aside from the good comments snuck in there - any reviews? I'm eager to hear how PC translates to paper.

-HM

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Thanks, guys! I'm really pleased you like it. Alex, I'm especially flattered that you bought it, even when you don't normally pickl up adventures. Hopefully, there's enough in there to make itself useful to your higher level group. I'll gladly give scaling advice for higher level groups, no problem.

Note that many of the really fun ideas are a bit more subtle, and might be missed on a skim-through. There's this throw-away "doll-house" image you'll find that I think you might like....

Incidentally, I'd love to see reviews, both good and bad. Hearing what people liked, and what they didn't like, will make me a better author.

Brannon, when does your first adventure come out???

Last edited:

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Ach... I didn't succumb. I saw it in the Game Keeper store yesterday.

And I picked it up... and then I broke down and bought Quintessential Fighter instead. I'm already through with it, not happy.

I think I'll exchange it tonite for Of Sound Mind.

One question: What the HELL do you need that DRAGON counter for?

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

Wulf

Fiery James

First Post
Ahhhh... the dragon counter! Well, that whole "1st-level" thing is sure tricky, huh?

And it's not even a small dragon counter that's just there to look cute. :)

Thanks for the praise, everyone. Kevin turned in a great manuscript and we did our best to do it justice. Can't say enough good things about Claudio's art in this one, myself. His tavern scene is great - now I know the advantage of being a gnome!

Of Sound Mind was the first product to feature our "2002 WIDESCREEN COVER" look, and we're very happy with the result.

- James

kitoy

Explorer
I bought it over the weekend too. I must say, that I'm very pleased with the quality. You were extremely thorough with your presentation. It seemed like you prepared for every eventuality and gave the DM some idea of what to do for each one.

I'm trying to think of a way to fit this into my current campaign. My players range from 3rd level to 7th level and I'm thinking that this adventure might be a good way to get the lower level guys up to the higher level guys. . . my group is split up between Tampa and Orlando and I live in Tampa. The guys who live in Tampa are higher level because they get to play more.

CrazyMage

4th Level Lawful Good Cleric
Stars must have been aligned just right, because I also picked it up this weekend. Lots of cool stuff and I've learned that horses are your friends. Unless they ain't.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads