• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piratecat's Updated Story Hour! (update 4/03 and 4/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerakSpielman

First Post
So, if we don't want the Ghoul King to be the next God of Death, and we don't want Elder, who DO we want to be the next God of Death?

Knight Otu

First Post
Holy PROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HERE!!!

I suppose it would not be a good idea to let Mr. Worm and Mr. Biter duke it out between the two of them, and take on the winner?

MerakSpielman said:
So, if we don't want the Ghoul King to be the next God of Death, and we don't want Elder, who DO we want to be the next God of Death?
I don't know if we would want him, but if Soder finds out the Ivory King had a hot snack...

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Dinkeldog said:
I vote for Mr. Fluffles, whose portfolio up to now included bunnies, butterflies and warm, breezy days.

Crap, guessed it in one.

Zappo, the group doesn't know why Soder is fixated on Nolin. Possibilities include:
  • Drawn like an undead moth to the flame of his life force
  • Captivated by his quick wit and ready charm (and uber-charisma)
  • In non-sexual but romantic love with him, as much as a lich can be, anyways
  • Met him once before when Nolin was studying at Hagiok's Academy underneath the ratpits of Oursk, where Nolin lost his lover Telay, although he doesn't remember it due to vampiric domination
  • He's his biggest musical fan and has been to every one of his concerts when he was on tour
  • Wants mood music to while away the long eternal night, and Nolin's better than Muzak
  • Priggle wasn't as appealing

What I was originally shooting for in this climactic encounter, of course, was "team up with one bad guy to fight a common foe who's way more dangerous but who maybe you can beat if you work together, then go back to beating the crud out of one another when you're done." Do I get that?

Heh - yeah, right.

It never even occured to them (or maybe it did and they rejected it.) During game prep I hadn't been able to come up with any other way that they could stop it, so that's about the point where I started mentally re-writing my whole pantheon and the looming disasters that would soon occur when Elder ascended. I'll let you see how it came out.

Note that Soder doesn't qualify for Godhood; he doesn't have any spark of the divine in him. The Ivory King specifically ate the law-bitch Halcyon in order to improve his chances of an easy ascension. He's currently trying to devour Malachite, Mara, and then Tao and Velendo for that same reason; every little bit of divine force helps in this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Elemental

Explorer
Piratecat said:
It never even occured to them (or maybe it did and they rejected it.) During game prep I hadn't been able to come up with any other way that they could stop it, so that's about the point where I started mentally re-writing my whole pantheon and the looming disasters that would soon occur when Elder ascended. I'll let you see how it came out.

You know you're running a high-powered campaign when.... :p

Redyak

First Post
...wow!

I've been lurking here a long time, thinking that "oh, there are so many people that comment on this thread, Piratecat doesn't need one more!"

But, after that last update, I can't help it! BEST UPDATE EVER!

Keep it up P-Cat, it's worth the wait!

Zustiur

Explorer
Graywolf-ELM said:
-How did the worm get ahold of Stone Bear's spirit guide? Did the worm take over the spirit, or know that the magic and sun were gonna stop, and somehow send out some of it's spirit to someone it knew was going to be at the right place at the right time?

It didn't need to do any of that. The worm IS Stone Bear's spirit guide!

Zustiur.

Kage Tenjin

First Post
Piratecat said:
...“Uh, guys...?” begins Stone Bear out loud. His voice is cut off by a shuddering earth tremor. Several hundred feet from the bone hill, partway between the ruined mansion and the calcified body of the fallen Goddess, something erupts from the solid rock in an explosion of bone and darkness. The shape is so black that it seems to devour light, and it writhes up from the ground like a horrible worm.

I am Elder.

Wulf, This has to be asked: Were you told your death spirit guide was a world-devouring worm of darkness?
Or did it just come as a pleasent suprise?

jerichothebard

First Post
From Page 38
Piratecat said:
...Soder sounds pleased with himself. “On the contrary. I’m sure that with my recommendation he will stop his attacks on the surface. Mind you, a few years from now the prophecy will undoubtedly come true, and we’ll have to work together to deal with that. But still…”

“This ‘Destroyer’ you’ve talked about? I don’t think he exists. Tell us about this prophecy.”

The voice becomes annoyed. “I’ve already told you, and I don’t really have time to tell you again. You should have paid attention the first time. The Ravager will come.”

Malachite tries to sound reasonable. “But surely you can tell us a story before we negotiate? If you have time to negotiate, you have time for this.”

“You are stalling for time.”

“Stalling for time? We’re merely trying to understand what sort of a situation we’re getting ourselves into before negotiating.” Malachite’s words apparently don’t ring true.

“It will be born, it will rise and it will destroy mankind.”

“How will the ravager destroy mankind?” asks Agar. “Still hasn’t lied,” he thinks.

“Don’t know. Not sure. The prophecies do not say. The Ravager is human, of course. We would prefer that the world not be burned to a cinder. We could work together, side by side, holding hands. . .”

Elder/Stone Bear?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads