Pirates of the (Not So) Caribbean

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Wombat said:
Aye, m'hearties, if ye be seekin' o' pirates, it be Green Ronin's Skull & Bones ye be wantin'.
Ye be havin' the followin' extree character classses thereby: Buccaneer (good at survivin' both 'pon land an' sea), Sea Dog (as salty a sort as e're be seen aboard a proper vessel), the Shanty Man (a sea-goin' bard wi'out the magic), and a couple o' magicky sorts for yer voudouns delictation.
(bringing self out of a bad Midlands accent)
Besides, there is just a lot of good, pirate-campaign useful material in the book! It is well worth a look :)

I'll second for Skull & Bones. I really like the backgrounds option for character creation. Basically, you pay for your background with skill points which in turn gives you ranks in skills back as well as some other abilities that make sense for the background. Probably one of the best representation of the 2E Kits I've seen. I also like the PrCs that are based on different styles of classical fencing. Masters of any of the styles are truly something to be feared in a duel and the additional abilities really make for a cinematic duel.

Darklone

The ex-pirate in our group is a Kalamar Brigand... available in the 3.5 update sheets.
d8 hitdice, rogue BAB, 4 skillpoints per level, bonus feats, sneak attack and some other goodies.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Durandal said:
Hey, all. I've got a player who is in search of a pirate class or conversion, and I'm looking for help in finding one, preferrably online. Now I'm not asking for anything copyright-infringing or illegal, just something that's online and easy to access. If, however, the best pirate class, conversion, or analog you can think of is in a print product, please tell me and I'll see if I can check it out. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Well, a quick and dirty pirate (and they should all be quick and dirty!) can be made by taking a rogue, dropping sneak attack, adding fighter feats, and maxing out Profession (Sailor) and Tumble. If you want to up the hit die to a d8, I'd drop the skill points to 6 + int.

DrZombie

First Post
Eeeeuhm? Hello? Swashbuckling adventures sound familiar to anyone? OK, it's a hardcover book, and so a bit expensive, but my gods it's good. Fifty pages of prestige classes, yummy. If you wanna run a pirate campaign, check it out, it'll knock your socks off.

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
I'll second Swashbuckling Adventures but with a warning. The 7th Sea setting has a magic set up that is quite different from conventional D&D. Therefore, the stuff presented there might unbalance your game if your looking at a straight conversion. But then again, pirates should be "over the top" kind of characters. :)

Good luck,

Remove ads