• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

pirates

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Yeah, otherwise you can just play a Rogue or something with ranks in Profession (Sailor) and Perform (Dance).

Sejs

First Post
OKay, Profession (Sailor) I get.. but.. uh, Perform (Dance)?

Buh?

Anyway, yeah. Being a pirate's easy. You don't need a class to do it, just a ship, a crew, and someone to rob. Easy as pie.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Sejs said:
OKay, Profession (Sailor) I get.. but.. uh, Perform (Dance)?
:D

(take a look at the OP's link... it's a loud shockwave repeating/annoying/dancing pirate thing. If you're at work or have any other reason a loud shockwave thing wouldn't be prudent, consider yourself warned)

Last edited:

RigaMortus2

First Post
The Conan d20 setting has a Pirate base class. One of their abilities is to perform a Coup de Grace as a free action, and when doing so, enemies that see this get negatives (due to being intimidated). Conan d20 is a lot more brutal than D&D though, so not sure how well this might transfer over. Another major difference is classes in that system have an active dodge or parry bonus to their AC.

TheLe

First Post
<pimp>

Yo! I'm popping in to pimp my new book, Unorthodox Pirates!

Unorthodox Pirates will be available next Tuesday (08-01), and comes with 6 Pirate classes (full 20 levels), 12 Pirate Magic items, a Pirate Theme song by our friends at Bailey Records (www.BaileyRecords.com), and 5-pages of rules to introduce guns & gunpowder to your fantasy world! Authors include Xander Bennett, Mark Charke, The Le, and David Gallant. Cover by Carrie Hall.

UnorthodoxPirates_COVER.jpg

</pimp>

-The Le Games, We Enhance Worlds

Remove ads