• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pissed Druid - Need some help

Benben

First Post
Angelsboi said:
What would a 4th level druid do?

The druid is stuck with very little power, which is unfortunate for revenge, but I can think of a couple tactics.

1. Spend a few weeks finding every venomous snake in the area can charm them to become your animal companion. The party will probably be within the druid's normal area for a while, so that's 8HD of snakes. Cast obscuring mist, command your snakes to hide themselves in the PC's camp and attack after you leave. The mist will allow the snakes to get *everywhere*. When the druid leaves have half of them attack, and leave the other half in the PC's backpacks. Next time the PCs *really* need something then they will have to deal with the snakes & their current threat.

2. Again, slide into the party's camp at night and then cast Tree Form. Spy on the party the druid can learn about the party. Information is just as powerful as any fireball spell.

3. When the characters are looking for a place to camp, charm the scout, and guide him too a nice and defensible camp. The party will be protected from the rain and whatnot by a convenient rocky overhang. Once the party is settled for the night entangle them, and then cast Soften Earth and stone on the rocky overhang and let gravity do to them, what their bloodlust did to the druid's lover.

Are you writing a story hour for this Angelsboi?

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
He could go to the party's hometown and destroy a season's worth of crops. Even chaotic characters tend to pay attention when a whole town knows who they are and wants to hurt them badly.

The druid probably has at least one ranger friend that would be willing to help him out. Turn the party into the prey.

alsih2o

First Post
3 words....animal companion:louse

i mean, how many hd are fleas and lice? sick 'em on the characters....sick 'em in swarms that make huge penalties for almost any action.

and paper eating insects on the mages spellbook...

Last edited:

Angelsboi

First Post
fleas and louse arent considered animals. Vermin maybe.

Benben, no, a player is. Look for Olgars Story Hour.

Well i could have a 4HD animal companion but i mean they killed his lover so hes pretty pissed.

I mean, thats really the only plot line they have going as of right now. Also, how does one make a druid grove? What kind of special abilities (if any) would you give it?

Happiest_Sadist

First Post
Well, hes in his home terrain so he could concievably have 8 HD of animal companions. An entange spell, followed by 2 4HD dire badgers (they go up a size) on a sleeping party could be devastating.

Angelsboi

First Post
well the 'forrest' outside of town has a little cottage that he lives in.

I need to know if i should bump him a level and what kind of magit items he should have.

And actually this is the city breakdown:

Aerolite City
Small town

Population: 1752
GP Limit: 800
Ready Cash: 70.080

Highest Level
Barbarian: 4
Cleric: 4
Druid: 6
Monk: 4
Ranger: 2

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Well, if the druid is popular with the locals, could he round up the highest level ones to go dispense some justice or at least bring the party back for trial?

BTW: Animals and Vermin are separate categories of creatures.

Henrix

Explorer
There's a druid grove, I think, in one of the web enhancements over at wizards site. The one pertaining to Masters of the Wild, possibly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads