• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pissed Druid - Need some help

Angelsboi

First Post
well think of it like this:

1) If you walk up to a stranger on a street and notice something is odd. You will approach him. But what if this odd thing is VERY sore for him. Do you think hes going to tell you his life story? I wouldnt.

So the PCs branded the druid an ass. *shrugs*

2) They were having a dillema on helping the robed man anyway. He lied and said it had rabies (using an illusion silenced). What the group didnt know is that the fighter was getting revenge for being stuck in the tiger form.

3) The druid asked FIVE times for them to let him have his tiger back. He even told them the man was a liar and the tiger was NOT filled with rabies (no one bothered with Sense Motive). So he backed away and said he was taking it by force. Entangle to slow them down and he started dragging the tiger away, NOT EVEN casting an offensive spell.

4) He cured the tiger so they could run away, the moment the tiger stood up, they attacked the tiger, unprovoked.

so if you look at things, the NG Druid did exactly what any person would do.

Thanee

First Post
I don't think revenge would be a suitable answer for a NG person.

Of course, he'll mourn over his loss, and maybe even think about revenge at first, but later realize, that there is no point in revenge.

I think he'd rather try to find someone or something to bring his companion back to live. Maybe he could arrange something with the party that killed the tiger, if they have any reputation for being good-aligned, explaining to them what really happened, so they could compensate for their wrongdoings, which didn't seem wrong at that moment obviously. They should realize that not knowing the whole truth didn't make their action any better and should want to help the druid, once filled in with the whole picture. If they are actually good-aligned, that is.

So who's fault was it anyways?
I can see several sides involved into this:

The druid for not being around to prevent this.
The wizard for polymorphing the fighter.
The fighter for openly attacking the wizard and thus provoking any observers to help that one.
The party for actually killing the tiger.

The druid's actions were not very smart, healing the tiger must've been seen as a hostile act by the party, especially after throwing an entangle spell at them.

Sure their reaction was harsh, but since they wrongfully believed the wizard, it was still within reason at that time.

The druid should have noticed that the party is not believing him and should have acted accordingly and with care.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Well, if he really wants to exert revenge upon them, he better get help. Altho, when he really is going mad, he might have trouble to convince his allies (good-aligned sylvan creatures) to help him out on this one.

Maybe he'll just hire mercenaries then... and maybe one of his allies (a dryad mayhaps) will contact the party and fill them in, hoping to prevent a further desaster... *shrug*

Bye
Thanee

Dire_Groundhog

First Post
Which one was Siegfried, the wizard or the druid?

Why didn't the druid just turn down the lights, disappear in the darkness with his vight tiger, and call it MAGIK!!

An image of the bizarre love triangle the druid carved in stone, years after the story unfolded.

Was this a special arctic vight tiger? Or just an albino tiger from asia?

Last edited:

Wolfen Priest

First Post
I just can't help but thinking...

Why didn't the wizard (who presumably really wanted to get that fighter out of the way) just turn the fighter into something a little bit more harmless than a tiger? Like, oh I don't know, maybe a toad? Too cliche? :)

Remove ads