• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pit Fighting in the Planes

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I am certain I read somewhere recently about a pit-fighting locale on the planes. It was probably in some 4E material, but that's not guaranteed. I did a search of the pdf for Manual of the Planes and was shocked that I didn't find it.

What places are mentioned in D&D as having pit-fighting or gladiatorial combat?

Shemeska

Adventurer
If I remember correctly, there's a fighting pit in the Bottle & Jug tavern in the Hive Ward in Sigil. And, overtly stated or not, you'll probably find it in the gatetowns for Hell (Ribcage), Gehenna (Torch), Carceri (Curst), and the Abyss (Plague-Mort). Not for the Gray Waste's gatetown of Hopeless though, just because of the general ennui that leaches into the place, the gladatorial aspect seems like it would have too much excitement to really fit.

And in most of the Lower Planes themselves, you'll find some variation on Pit Fighting (willing or forced, organized or not).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads