• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pixie Pirate Plot Help

Mytholder

(also posted on rpg.net)
Right. I suddenly find myself running a campaign set in a rather low-fantasy (well, human-centric anyway) D&D world where the PCs are a gang of four Pixie Privateers. They've just been teleported into Freeport with a pouch of ship-shrinking dust, and intend to steal a ship, shrink it to Pixie-size, and sail off to wage bloody war on humanity.

This is what I get for saying 'lads, I want to playtest some seafaring rules, what sort of nautical game do you want to play?'

Anyway - any cool piratical/naval plots when the pirates are six inches tall, can fly, and are invisible?

And has anyone any experience with running pixie PCs? I'll be using the rules from Savage Species...

Liolel

First Post
Well the first thing I have to say is this is the strangest campain idea I've seen in a long time. Next a few things to consider, when your 6 inch's tall a lot of treasure on human ships is going to be hard to carry. Sure theres 5,000 gold in the captains chest but how do you carry it out when it ways 100 pounds. Also they will have a very easy time weaking a ship by cutting ropes on the rigging and other things which can be hard to detect until its to late. Thats all I have to say for now.

Djeta Thernadier

First Post
I was going to suggest that they would probably be very good at getting onto ships undetected and the stealing (or rescue) of gems, coin, etc. but as Liolel suggested, how would they carry it? Magic, I suppose, or they could have a traveling companion NPC who grabs the loot while they distract.

Sounds interesting though :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I'd think that the general nature and size of Pixies would contribute to them not exactly stealing a ship (and doing all the work themselves) so much as influencing the Captain of a human ship. Imagine all the fun pranks they can play on sailors... and all the trouble they can get their Captain into if he doesn't do what they want.

-- Nifft

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads