• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Placing "Complete" classes in Eberron

~Johnny~

First Post
It's been a while since I've pimped the Eberron Journal, a site that started out as an informational preview resource for the campaign setting and has morphed to a collection of content created by and for fans. We've also added a regularly updating news page, the Breland Ledger.

The biggest piece of news right now? We just launched our Conversions section, which will focus on finding a home in Eberron for existing D&D rules material. We're starting with the most obvious: the Complete books.

Complete Warrior Classes

Complete Divine Classes

Enjoy the articles, but take everything with a grain of salt: these are far from the only way to incorporate the classes, and some are intentionally counterintuitive (like making the Evangelist a "cleric" of the setting's charming commerce god rather than a true proselytizer). Where possible, the flavor simply supplements the descriptions written in the sourcebooks, but in some places it supercedes it. As with any PrCs, I recommend using these sparingly.

Any feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited:

Haha, ironicly I just got done doing my own version of this for our gaming groups. Though mine is mechanic-centric and focused more on house rules and banning and altering things to get the decisions made and "on paper" before we start our first Eberron game (still probably a month or two off).

Man, if I waited I could have just ninja'd a bunch of your stuff ;)

Looks good though and love your site btw.

from the Hulking Hurler description:
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]"[/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Droaam goblins fight to end battles quickly. If their ogre companions ever run out of boulders to throw, the goblins know they'll be the first to be conscripted as ammunition."[/font]
That gave me a real chuckle. I was expecting a bunch of dry stats, but I loved your write-ups. One really can shoe-horn just about anything D&D into this setting.

~Johnny~

First Post
Thanks for the kind words!

That gave me a real chuckle. I was expecting a bunch of dry stats, but I loved your write-ups.
As I wrote that joke, I had to double-check myself to make sure I wasn't stealing it from a Magic card.

What other books will get that treatment? OA? MiniHB? MotP?
I probably won't do OA, just because I thing the most Eberron-friendly OA content has already been included in the Complete books. I'll definitely do the Miniatures Handbook, though some of those classes should probably be kept generic. MotP could be interesting, though along with the Draconomicon, I think those could essentially remain as-is. And of course, I'm not the only Eberron Journal contributor. Articles (that don't reprint copyrighted material) are welcome from anyone!

The next conversion I'm working on is the XPH races. But before I post that, I'm hoping to finish a little adventure I've had in the works for a while.

Last edited:

Owldragon

First Post
Definitely very cool. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the site.

On a side note, I noticed there was no mention of changelings in the warshaper entry. I'd probably rule that the minor shapechange ability of changelings does not qualify them for the class, by DM fiat. But I like the idea of shifters taking the class, even if I am still a bit uncertain about how balanced the class is.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads