• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planar game (dm looking for some players)

Patlin

Explorer
Toramir is complete. I take it with Eluvan changing to a Celestial, he is now the groups primary arcane caster. We also have a fighter, rogue and a ranger. If deadestai comes through with a Cleric, I think we've got a complete group.

As to Eluvan's question, I was under the impression the rules were 11th level for a LA+1 race, or 12 for a +0 race -- basically ECL 12 characters. I don't even have savage species, but you want him to be ECL 12, too, right?

Legolizard

First Post
Ok with my -1 to level level adjustment, the characters ecl should be 11, a drow with a level adjustment (after the -1) of 1 can take 10 class levels. Since you want to play a savage species race, i'll only allow you to take 11 levels in the race.

So if you are playin a a special race, your ecl should be 11 after the -1.

And I already know theres a human in the party that played at gencon, but I might make were you can't play any of the origianl races unless you add a template to it (half -fiend,-celestial,-dragon,-fey, ect..).

Eluvan

First Post
I think you misunderstand the way Savage Species progressions work. Until they reach the end of their progressions, they effectively have no ECL. They simply have levels in their associated class, some of which may count as ECL but none of which actually areECL. I'm not sure I undestand your system, but at the moment I have a level 12 Ghaele ready. I'll post him, and if there's a problem I can tweak.

Ferrix

Explorer
Eluvan said:
I think you misunderstand the way Savage Species progressions work. Until they reach the end of their progressions, they effectively have no ECL. They simply have levels in their associated class, some of which may count as ECL but none of which actually areECL. I'm not sure I undestand your system, but at the moment I have a level 12 Ghaele ready. I'll post him, and if there's a problem I can tweak.

ECL refers to effective character level, everyone has an ECL basically. I think you mean level adjustment, he has no "level adjustment".

Being level 12 makes him ECL 12, just like a 12th level fighter is ECL 12. He however has no "level adjustment". With Legolizard's -1 to ECL, he'd be ECL 11, which is what he seems to be shooting for.

His post seems contradictory.

Since by standard rules a 10th level drow is an ECL 12, or an aasimar paladin 11 is ECL 12, or a human fighter 12 is ECL 12, taking 12 levels (ECL 12) in a monster class seems exactly the same to me.

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Hmmm, sorry. I typed that in a hurry, and mixed up my terminology. What I was trying to say was that, if all ECLs are decreased by one, my character should be level 12 rather than level 11. Then... I kind of went off on a little tangent trying to explain how monster classes worked and failing miserably.

Legolizard

First Post
I took a look at your character and i'm going to ask you to take it down to 11th level because your too powerful. I was even thinking of having you go down to 10th because you also have cleric spells, but 11th will be fine.

Last edited:

matthewbajda

First Post
lego lizard, sorry it took me so long to post my character since the con, but i had a lot of art stuff to lay out and work to get done before i could get to it. take a look over it and let me know what you think. it is the same as what is on my sheet from GenCon.

Last edited:

deadestdai

First Post
Apologies Lego, preggars wife needed attentions today (we are due on Wednesday officially, so things are kinda up in the air right now.) so couldn't work on my char.

Just to let you know, I was thinking of throwing in a Draconic Gnome Cleric of Hlal, Dracolyte. Umm... Yeah. I'll stick him up if there's stil time, otherwise I'll stand aside for one who is more ready. :)

Let me know.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
A plea for gaming!

Is there still room for a primary caster? if so I would like to bring over a character from a game that seems to have died off I would just have to "level" him to 11th. He's a teifling Wizard.
Here he is as he stands now. (he was based on a point buy)

Kavernus of the Blue Horns, male Tiefling, Tiefling1/Wizard5: CR 6; ECL 6; Medium Outsider (Tiefling); HD 5d4+1d8+6; hp 34; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Spd 30 ft; AC 16 (+1 Ring of Protection, +4 Dex, +1 Amulet of Natural Armor); Melee rapier +3 (1d6) Ranged +7, Lt. Crossbow (1d8); SA spells, Spell Like abilities; SQ Tiefling traits, summon familiar; AL LN; SV Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +7; Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12.

Skills and Feats: Concentration +2 (1), Knowledge (arcana) +9 (5), Knowledge (Planes) +13 (9); Bluff +7 (4), Hide +10 (4), Move Silently +8 (4), Pick Pockets +8 (4), Knowledge (Group Tactics) +9 (5), Knowledge (Summon able Monsters) +9(5), Spellcraft +5 (1), Spell focus Conjuration, Augment Summoning, Leadership, Scribe Scrolls, Spell Mastery (Monster summoning 3, Mount, Summon Swarm, Melph’s Acid Arrow).

Languages: Common, Draconic, Auran, Ignan, Terran, Aquan, Celestial, Infernal, and Abyssal.

Spell like abilities: Cast Darkness as Sorcerer of character level (6) 1/day.

Special Defences: 5 points DR to Fire, Cold and Electricity.

Basic spell list: Spells Per Day: 0=4, 1st=4, 2nd=3, 3rd=2

0 Level: Detect magic, Prestidigitation, Read Magic, and Mending.
1st Level: Mage Armor, Mount, Charm Person, and Reduce.
2nd Level: Summon Swarm, Adrenaline Surge, and Bull’s Strength.
3rd Level: MS3 x2, Invisibility Sphere.

Spell Book:
0 Level: All but Evocation.
1st Level: Mage Armor, Obscuring Mist, Mount, Charm Person, Sleep, Enlarge, Message, Reduce, and Expeditious Retreat.
2nd Level: Adrenaline Surge (MotW), Ice Knife (T&B), Summon Swarm, Melph’s Acid Arrow, Bull’s Strength, and Cat’s Grace.
3rd Level: Monster Summoning III, Blink, and Invisibility Sphere.

Equipment of note:
Rod of Lesser Extension (5,400GP)
+1 Ring of Protection (2,000gp)
+1 Amulet of Natural Armor (2,000gp)
+1 Robe of Resistance (2,000gp)
675gp spent to buy spells for book.
2 scrolls Mage Armor (50gp)
2 scrolls Sleep (50gp)
2 scrolls Obscuring Mist (50gp)
Wand of Expeditious Retreat (750gp)
80gp left for basics.

Kavernus is the son of a human sorceress and the demon she summoned expressly to impregnate her. He was an experiment from the start of his life and it grew worse from there. His 'mother' was gone for months at a time and while he was old enough to train himself in the mystical arts he also had time out on the streets of Sigil and learned the ways of the pickpocket. Eventually he just up and left his mother without a word and traveled the planes meeting new and different beings. He has a natural way of leadership about him that translates well into his chosen specialty of Conjuration.

Kavernus stands 5'8" and 150 pounds, long black hair, ruddy tan skin and black eyes (think native American). His distinguishing features are the long thin horns growing from his head and his fangs. He has vestigial Bat like wings but they are not usable and very weak.
He typical dresses very fastidiously and is partial to deep blues and indigo

Last edited:

deadestdai

First Post
Bah, it seems my lofty goals are too high for even me..... I cannot play in your game afterall. I have too many games I am involved with already (and need to quit one or two of those as well.... :( ) and so hope you'll forgive me as I bow out of this one before I begin it. It seems as though you have plenty of interest from others anyhow. :)

Good luck Lego, I'll keep the thread subscribed so I can at least try to follow it from afar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads