plane of shadow

Gez

First Post
There's also three animal-like humanoid creatures in the Miniatures Handbook that dwell in the Plane of Shadow.

The chaotic four-armed felines who go by the name of ghirrash, the lawful evil Babars known as thaskor, and the evil crocodilians called khumat.

Last edited:

Nine Hands

Explorer
grodog said:
Tell us about the plot of your tourney Nine Hands, and where/when you ran it. Please :D

Hey no problem.

My wife and I along with several other people run tournament called Waterdeep Saga. This is a Living style campaign where you keep experience and items from previous adventures we have run. We play three times a year in Nashua, NH at the local hobby store my wife works at called The Wizard's Tower. We run normally with 6 person teams, usually 6 to 7 teams each day (we run Saturday and Sunday). The adventure is "tuned" to run about 6 hours.

The plot of this one was rather simple and complex. It is a two or three part adventure as it contains a clue or two to the overall story arc for the three adventures being run. My wife actually knows what the whole thing is about but has not told me. I like to be in the dark sometimes, since I am a bit of a blabber mouth :) On to the actual plot.

The beginning of the adventure begins with the Harvestide festivities, the adventure's are invited to one of the bigger balls in town, etc. We actually encourage a little role play, getting dressed up, etc. The theme of the ball is scarecrows. So the group eventually gets to the ball. I think everyone followed the adventure this time, but we have had groups go off and do whatever they wanted, the GM making up things as they go. Interestingly they still won awards, who are we to judge them :) So at the ball the party can mingle, the GM's encouraged to ad lib more stuff (the GMs for this are really good at this sort of thing and we have to be since we will get wierd groups like 3 Orogs and stuff like that). Eventually a group of shadow people show up and kidnap Aleena (sp?) Paladinstar. She is the daughter of the open lord of Waterdeep Piergion (sp?). Piergion wants to go after her, other people restrain him. A woman steps forward and offers to transport some people to Aleena's location. When she does this, she mentions that Piergion will owe her big time. Obviously this is a good time for the party to get into the action. So she takes them to the demi-plane of shadow, gives them a quick speech (they find out she is a worshipper of Shar, etc). So then it is a romp through the demi-plane of shadow.

I made some adjustments to how the demi-plane works, especially to Scrying and Teleport. Since the starting level for the Waterdeep Saga is 9th level, Teleport is immediately available. I normally don't mind its use, but I made it very dangerous to use. Basically I told the GMs to hose someone if they used it unwisely or haphazardly. Scry usually ended with a person seeing a horrible apparition of something they love and they were then Shaken for the duration of thier stay.

Since this adventure was mostly combat, there was a good amout of encouters. Each GM puts thier own spin on things so each adventure is a little different. In the end, they can find the girl, but they still don't know why she was taken, and neither does she.....

If you want more details, let me know. Since it has already been run and I doubt it will be done again, I'm pretty willing to share.

grodog

Hero
Nine Hands said:
If you want more details, let me know. Since it has already been run and I doubt it will be done again, I'm pretty willing to share.

Thanks Nine Hands, I'd be happy to learn more. Feel free to continue herein or drop me an email if you'd rather preserve further revelations about the tourney series!

Olive

Explorer
hong said:
Ninjae come from the plane of shadow. Everyone knows this.

Hong "shadow dancer, shadow stalker, shadow walker, shadow sniper, shadow warrior, etcetera ad nauseam" Ooi

Storm Shadow? But then where does Snake Eyes come from?

Remove ads