Plane Shift: Ixalan is More Magic: the Gathering For Your D&D!

I've been weighing getting the art book. This should help. I love both Innistrad and Zendikar, but Kaladesh left me feeling meh (there wasn't much room for adventure IMHO) and I haven't picked up Amonkhet. Ixalan seems very Chult-esque so would be great for resetting ToA I think.

I've been weighing getting the art book. This should help. I love both Innistrad and Zendikar, but Kaladesh left me feeling meh (there wasn't much room for adventure IMHO) and I haven't picked up Amonkhet. Ixalan seems very Chult-esque so would be great for resetting ToA I think.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I've been playing around with mtg conversions recently. One thing when going through the spells and assigning them a colour is that blue ended up having 2 to 3x more spells than the other colours. Black and green need more spells red and white are a bit better.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I've been playing around with mtg conversions recently. One thing when going through the spells and assigning them a colour is that blue ended up having 2 to 3x more spells than the other colours. Black and green need more spells red and white are a bit better.

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

I was getting a similar feeling as I looked through them yesterday.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
Would have preferred some classes - always nice to see what they come up with. For me, not as good as the others, but very pretty. And a lot of + Charisma races it seems.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Makes sense to do Ixalan now, since it's so compatible with Tomb of Annihilation.
Really drives home the cross-platform strategy of WotC here. Ixalan card set release+Ixalan art book+Plane Shift article, and all while we're still in the Tomb of Annihilation season of D&D Adventure League.

Same thing happened with Innistrad and Curse of Strahd.

It's not for every art-book, but it looks like every third magic setting or so as they work through the series of them for the art books and planeshift will cross-pollinate with D&D's current storyline.

Thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with MtG.....how many more of these could they make? Dozens? Hundreds?

I don't know anything about Magic, but this question sparked my curiousity. According to https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/worlds-magic-origins-2015-07-09, there are ten major worlds (likely to be Planeshift material). My quick impression is: Vryn looks like a good fit if they set an AP in Eberron, Theros is good if they want to revisit the Time of Troubles, Regatha would be good if there was another elemental themed AP, Ravnica would be good if they had Sigil located AP, Lorwyn would be good for a Feywild AP, Dominaria seems like the MtG version of FR (so it could show up anytime), and Alara would be good for an upper planes related AP.

Remove ads

Remove ads