• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape 3.5ed PbP Characters

Velmont

First Post
Eteran Lightstep
Male Forest Gnome Sorcerer 5
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Faction: Sign of One
Height: 2'3''
Weight: 33lbs
Hair: Light Brown
Eyes: Deep Green
Skin: Greyish Light Brown

Str: 7 (-2)
Dex: 11 (+0)
Con: 18 (+3) [+2 from bracer / +1 from level]
Int: 12 (+2)
Wis: 16 (+3)
Cha: 20 (+5) [+2 from cloak]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Gnome Traits (Ex): Gnomes possess the following racial traits.
— +2 Constitution, –2 Strength.
—Small size. +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters.
—A gnome’s base land speed is 20 feet.
—Low-light vision.
—Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
— +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
—Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects, such as the Spell Focus feat.
— +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds, goblinoids, orcs, and reptilian humanoids.
— +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
— +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
— +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.
— +4 racial bonus on Hide checks, which improves to +8 in a wooded area.
—A gnome with a Charisma score of at least 10 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation. Caster level 1st; save DC 10 + gnome’s Cha modifier + spell level.
—Pass without Trace (Su): A forest gnome has the innate ability to use pass without trace (self only, as a free action) as the spell cast by a druid of the forest gnome’s class levels.
—Automatic Languages: Gnome, Elven, Sylvan, and a simple language that enables them to communicate on a very basic level with forest animals (this replaces the rock gnome’s speak with animals ability). Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Orc. This trait replaces the rock gnome’s automatic and bonus languages.
—Favored Class: Bard.

Hit Dice: 5d4 + 20
HP: 36
AC: 11 (+0 Dex, +1 size)
Init: +0 (+0 Dex)
Speed: 20ft

Saves:
Fortitude +5 [+1 base, +4 Con]
Reflex +1 [+1 base, +0 Dex]
Will +7 [+4 base, +3 Wis]

BAB: +2
Melee Atk: +1
Ranged Atk: +3

Skills:
Bluff 10 [R:5 + Ch:5]
Control 11 [R:8 + W:3]
Concentration 12 [R:8 + Co:4]
Craft(Alchemy) 3 [R:0 + I:1 + R:2]
Hide* 8 [R:0 + D:0 + R:4 + S:4]
Knowledge(Arcana) 3 [R:2 + I:1]
Listen 5 [R:0 + W:3 + R:2]
Spellcraft 2 [R:1 + I:1]

Feats:
Illusion Perception
Harness Divinity (Cure Light Wounds 3/day)

Languages:
Common, Gnome, Sylvan, Elven

Spellcasting
Spells:
0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9
6/8/5/0/0/0/0/0/0/0

Spell List:
0: Acid Splash - Detect Magic - Flare - Light - Mending - Read Magic
1: Expeditious Retreat - Mage Armor - Magic Missile - Ray of Enfeeblement
2: Alter Self - Scorching Ray

Equipment:
Cloak of Charisma +2, (4,000gp)
Bracer of Health +2 (4,000gp)
Light Crossbow, mw(335 gp / 2lb)
Bolt, Cold Iron x20(4gp / 1lb)
Heavy Mace, Cold Iron(24gp / 2lbs)
Sickle(6gp / 1lb)
Explorer's Outfit(0gp / 4lbs)
Backpack(2gp / 2lb)
Belt, pouch(1gp / 0.25lb)
Spell Component Pouch(5gp / 2lbs)
Scroll Case(1gp / 0.25lb)
Sunrod x2(2gp / 2lb)
Antitoxin x2(100gp / 0lb)
Scroll of Comprehend Language x2(50gp / 0lb)
Scroll of True Strike x2(50gp / 0lb)
Scroll of Protection from Evil x2(50gp / 0lb)
Scroll of Spider Climb(150gp / 0lb)
Scroll of Protection from Arrows(150gp / 0lb)

GP: 70

Background:
It was twenty years ago or even more that my dream starts. I woke in the middle of the night, a monster were near me. An ugly creature. I was scared, and I was hiding in my bed. I had my small rabbit leg in my hand, it was suppose to give luck. The monster did some scary noise. It was too much for me, so I start to run to my parent chamber. There was no light at all, so I was searching blindly my way, but I wasn't home. The corridor was full of box and was large. It was looking more as a storeroom than a corridor. In my panic, I dropped my rabbit leg. I try to go back into my chamber, but my chamber was gone, it was a closet instead. The panic raised and I start to try find a way out. Not able to see anything in this darkness, I try to make some ball of light to appear, but instead, it was one bright light. I finally found a way out and I find myself in a small street. The forest where I was living was gone, it was now a huge city made in a donut. There were full of people in the streets, talking strange language. Most of them was scary, but it seems no one wanted to hurt me. I start to walk the streets and try to find someone to help me. It is there I found Lidya. Lydia is a small fearie. I've always wanted to meet one, they are always hiding in the forest. Well, she was there, and she approach me. She saw I was scared and she confort me. I explain what happen and she was sad to see I was lost, but she said it would be impossible to find the way back home if I didn't help her. We try to find the storeroom, but I never found it, it seems, like the small street was gone. Lidya told me I could live with her until we find a way back home. She start to talk about the city and the factions. She was a Sign of One she told me. She told she was searching someone to help when she saw me. She told me it was her of bring me here and was sad that she couldn't help me as I wanted. I listen to her and I starts to understand. It wasn't her who brought me here, but it was me who have made her appear. I was dreaming. I was fearing monsters, I was fearing the big human cities. It was a nigthmare I was doing, and I was wishing to find some help, and I loved all the picture of fey I had see, it is because of that she appeared. I was not sure if it was true, but if it was a dream, I am suppose to be able to modify it, no? Well, I tried, and I was able to create again that light. I was even able to repare the small and fragile items of Lidya with my own will. It is not easy to modify a dream, but I had the proof I was able. So I tried to modify the dream more and more, and now, I can even change my form into another humanoid. I thin that is a really great feat, have you ever been able to do it? The wizards are able, but they must study. Some man with dragon bloods in their vein are able too, but they are not able to heal themselves, and I can with my own free will. I will become a great dream shaper one day, but I must train, and I love that dream. Lidya is fun to live with, the city is full of surprise and danger, and there is other dream to explore, or as the others named them, other plane to visit.

Last edited:

Samantha

First Post
Dalara of Sigil
Bladeling Female, Fighter 4 (ECL 1)

Background: Dalara is the daughter of two bladelines who fled the Bladeling city of Ocanthus on Acheron. They were part of a group who tried to overthrow a noble, and failed, and the survovrs fled. Her parents ended up in Sigil, in the district known as the Hive. It was easy for them to blend in with the dregs that lived there, and the reputation of bladelings kept them safe, and a few years later Dalara came along. She had, for the area, a relatively safe upbringing. After all, girls with spikes growing out of them can hurt you, bad, and the few bullies that did try and mess with her ended up scarred or dead. But, others realized that she could be useful, and for most of her late teen years, she was working as muscle for various criminal enterprises in the area. That led easily enough into her current profession, mercenary work, where she has the reputation of being both loyal to her contract, and willing to do things that some would turn away from in disgust or horror.

Appearance: Dalara stands around 5'8, and her build is lean. Her skin is a dusky, copper like color, and her eyes are purple, with no pupils. Her spikes are painted in garish colors, designed to draw the eye to them, and she tends to wear normal clothing, as armor and bladelings just don't get along.

Personality: She's not a warm person at all. But, she has a very strong sense of personal honor, and will live up to the letter of any contract she signs. She may try to twist it to her advantage, but, she will follow it, and she never betrays a companion.

St: 15 (+2)
Dx: 16 (+3, +2 race)
Cn: 16 (+3, +1 at lvl 4)
In: 13 (+1)
Wi: 12 (+1)
Ch: 8 (-1)

AC: 20 (4 natural, 3 dexterity, +2 armor, +1 deflection)
AL: LE
HP: 38 (4d10+12)

BAB: +4
Fort: +7
Ref: +4
Will: +2
Init: +7 (+3 dex, +4 improved init)

XP: 10,000

Racial Abilities:

Languages: Planar Trade, Infernal
+2 to Dexterity
Medium Size
Speed 30
Darkvision 60 feet
+4 natural armor bonus
Natural weapons: All bladelings have a natural claw attack that deals 1d6 + str bonus damage.
Razor storm: Once per day, a bladeling can expel sprapnel like bits of it's skin in a 15 foot cone, dealing 2d6 damage to any creature in the area. A reflex save (DC=10+con modifier), halves the damage. After using the ability, for the next 24 hours, her natural armor bonus is reduced to +2.
Immunities: She is immune to acid, and, despite her metal like skin, rust attack.
Resistences: Cold 5, Fire 5, DR 5/+1
Metal Hide: Certain spells that affect armor, such as heat metal, treat the bladeling as though wearing armor that cannot be taken off. In addition, the spikes on the bladelings body make it impossible for her to wear medium or heavy armor.

Class features:

Proficient in all simple and martial weapons, all armors, and shields.

Skills:

Climb: 4 (+6)
Craft (painting): 3 (+4)
Intimidate: 3 (+2)
Listen: 0 (+3)
Spot: 2 (+5)
Swim: 3 (+5)

Feats:

Power Attack (Level 1 feat)
Blindfighting (Level 1 fighter bonus feat)
Improved Inititative (Level 2 fighter bonus feat)
Alertness (Level 3 Feat)
Improved Unarmed Strike (Level 4 fighter bonus feat)

Equipment:

Greatsword +1
Bracers of Armor +2
Ring of Protection +1
5 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds

2 pouches (one for money, one for the potions)
Pack
10 days rations
3 waterskins
3 outfits

Gold: 117

Combat:

Greatsword: +7 hit, damage 2d6+3 damage. Crit: 19-20/x2 or
Claws: +6 hit, d6+2 damage, Crit: 20/x2

WizWrm

First Post
Zekiel Ojanus
Male Human Psychic Warrior 5
Height: 5'8"; Weight: 140 lbs.; Skin: Bronze; Hair: Black; Eyes: Brown; Age: 28
Alignment: True Neutral
Faction: Sign of the One

Strength: 16 (+3) [8 points, +1 level]
Dexterity: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Constitution: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Intelligence: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wisdom: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Charisma: 12 (+1) [4 points]

HD: 5d8+5; HP: 37
Initiative:: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 40 ft
Base Attack Bonus: +3
Melee Attacks: +7 greatsword (2d6+5, 19-20/x2)
Ranged Attacks: +4 none
Armor Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +6 inertial armor)
Fortitude: +5; Reflex: +2; Will: +3

Skills: (40 points; max 8/4) Autohypnosis +10 (8 ranks), Concentration +7 (6 ranks), Control +6 (4 ranks), Jump +13 (8 ranks, 2 synergy), Planar Expertise +5 (6 ranks), Tumble +11 (8 ranks, 2 synergy)
Feats: Harness Divinity (cure light wounds 3/day), Inertial Armor (reserve 1), Improved Inertial Armor (reserve 3), Mental Leap (reserve 3), Speed of Thought (reserve 1), Psionic Boost

Abilities: Extra feat, extra skill points, favored class (any), psionic combat modes (ego whip, mind thrust, mental barrier)
Languages: Common, Planar Trade, Infernal

Psionics:
Power Points per Day: 8
Talents per Day: 7
Powers Known: (0th) burst, daze, detect psionics, (1st) biofeedback, call item, ectogoo, (2nd) vim

Equipment: explorer's outfit, +1 greatsword [2000gp], four potions of cure light wounds, potion of lesser restoration, silversheen [total potion cost 750gp], bag of holding [2500gp], dust of appearance [1800gp], dust of dryness [850gp], brainlock pearl [1000gp], 150gp

Background & Personality: "Belief is power." Heard that often enough, haventcha? Just about every philosopher on the streets (and most of them do end up on the streets, eh?) finds fit to gush it out their word-hole, once'a sermon, if not of greater frequency. But (heard that word enough too, I bet) is it something they understand? Hm. Perhaps if I put it somewhat differently. Do you understand?

Oh, ya-do, do you? If you did, you wouldn't be sitting in this tavern, askin' me for my opinion, eh? All right, cutter, let me tell you what I think. It all starts in the beginning. That chair a bit uncomfortable, berk? No? Then stop shifting around.

I found myself thrust into wailing consciousness (and this is important; I'll get to it a bit later, though) in a little corner of the Outlands called Greater Ajadan. Fairly regular place, if I do say, though a most irregular name. So I doubt you're interested in my childhood, however happy it was, and this tavern only extends so much credit, so I'll cut it a bit forward. I reached the age of majority to find myself in inheritance of a rather large chunk of property. Looking ahead to the future, I saw myself: satisifed, successful, and utterly bored. Well, not so much bored - but boring. As in, a boring person, ya-see. I possess no pseudomagical prescience, but I'm pretty sure the path I was taking would have led me to a happy life, like many others, whereupon I would grow to a healthy age and end up gasping my last on some cotton bed, surrounded by my children, respected and revered by the townsfolk (a pretty small corner, if I do say - 'Greater' was a clever move on the mayor's part, eh? But I digress) and considered in all aspects to be a success, eventually fading into serene memory as my name faded from the pages of the dead-book.

Paints a pretty picture, maybe? Oh, not your cup of tea? Maybe not - but there are many who would be pleased with such a life. I dropped it faster than a Xaos drops a modron, and kipped up with an ascetic order. I spent a half-dozen years there; not wasted years, certainly: they taught me some pretty useful stuff. But even hours of meditation and reflection couldn't make me understand why I'd been so repulsed by that vision of success. Paying attention? Excellent, cause here's where it gets good.

So like I said, plenty of time for reflection, eh? Certainly reflection on personal achievement, good points and flaws in yourself, etcetera etcetera. But soon enough, you get bored with some of that, and start thinking into the area where suddenly the philosophers start babbling in more directions than a marilith's fingers. That is, existence. Look around you, berk. What made those people? What made you?

Bleh. Not the powers, berk. If so, what made them? Stop glancing around, no one in this bar will smite you for questioning the almighty 'gods.' Half of 'em are bleeding Athar anyway.

I think the reason you failed to answer that question is because you're not sure what I'm asking for. It's simple, really. See that street cat? Compare your mental faculties with that cat.

Sit down. I'm not trying to insult you. You asked for understanding, and that's what I'm giving you. But answer my question: what's different?

Good. You're correct. It doesn't recognize itself. Ever wonder why cats don't give themselves names? No? Well, many a well-trained druid has met that frustration. Animals have no sense of self. But - people do. And by 'people,' I refer to the sentient inhabitants of the planes, by definition, ya-see. That includes the powers. People understand that they exist. Ever wonder about that?

So, maybe the powers did create some of us, maybe directly, maybe indirectly. But it doesn't matter. Who brought the powers themselves into being? What consciousness created the self-aware powers?

Good, you caught me. If a consciousness created powers, what created the consciousness? It can't go on forever - there's got to be a top level somewhere. A primal urge. If that's true, then, intelligence must have sprung out of unintelligence. Of course, that in itself is a fallacy, for two reasons. One: there can be no creative urge without intelligence. A cat has no desire to craft a sculpture. Two: unintelligence cannot grant a spark of sentience in a place where there is none; otherwise the unintelligent urge would itself already possess that spark of sentience, and by definition already be conscious.

Sentience must always come from sentience. Ergo, there can logically be no 'first sentience.' Here's a simple question for you - and this one is actually simple this time. Name a geometric figure with no boundaries; no beginning and end. A circle, right? See, that's how existence works. Sentient beings create ourselves so we can mature to the point where we are able to create ourselves. Time doesn't work in that manner, eh? Ah, but time is as malleable a dimension as the two dimensions used to create that circle. Powerful magic can alter it, just as powerful magic can create a cube of matter out of nothing.

Now define magic: it's a force which we do not fully understand, yet may still manipulate in a limited fashion to our desires. What's the path to ultimate enlightenment and power? Remember that circle? Using a quill and a bit of ink, you can shape it, mold it to your desires. That's the point, see. Understand the circle, move beyond the limitations of the circle, and have power over the circle.

I'm going to leave that for a moment, but you'll see where I come back to it. You've been here long enough to be familiar with the factions, of course? They all believe in different things - they see the multiverse following a different set of rules. True Death for the Dusties, a Great Unknown for the Athar, the Source for the Godsmen, a natural state of entropy for the Doomguard, a universal set of laws for the Guvners. They even have directly opposing views. Remember how I said that belief is power? See how they all draw power through their paradigm; the way they see the world. What they believe in is true, for them. So it works - for them. Don't let them catch you saying it, though. Each in their own way has found that circle of existence. They 'understand,' in different ways, that there is a fundamental logic underneath the multiverse, and use that logic to manipulate the world as they see it. Sounds like Guvner reasoning, eh? They're closer to the truth than many. For me, I just cut to the chase and skip all that. I imagine the multiverse as it exists and then exert my power of imagination to alter it.

How much power do we have over our existence? Think about it. At one point in the circle, only a single consciousness is left to recreate its own multiverse. At that point, it has complete control over all existence. A single consciousness. Imagine yourself: made of a single consciousness, right? Guess how much potential you have. Everyone has it. The problem is reaching that potential. Do you understand, now, why I gave up my life on the Outlands? Do you understand why I gave up life in a monastery?

So go out there and do it.

Last edited:

muhcashin

Explorer
Anunsil, male elf wiz5: CR 5; medium humanoid (elf); HD 5d4-5; hp 9; Init +6; Spd 30 ft.; AC 15 (touch 12, flat-footed 10); Base Atk +2; Grp +2; Atk +5 ranged (1d6, masterwork shortbow) or +3 melee (1d6/19-20, masterwork longsword); SQ Spells, elf traits; AL CG; SV Fort+1, Ref +4, Will +6; Str 11, Dex 15, Con 9, Int 17, Wis 12, Cha 13; Height 5'0".

Skills and feats: Appraise +3(2), Concentration +7(8), Craft(painting) +5(2) Decipher Script +7(4), , Knowledge (arcana) +4(1), Knowledge (the planes) +4(1), Listen +3, Spot +3, Search +5, Sense Motive +3(2); Heighten Spell, Improved Counterspell, Improved Initiative, Scribe Scroll.

Languages: elven, planar trade language, draconic, sylvan

Gear: mw longsword, mw shortbow, quiver with 20 arrwos, scroll case with 10 sheets of paper, ink and inkpen, spell components pouch, spellbook, artisan’s tools (paint kit), noble’s outfit, traveler’s outfit, hourglass, ring of counterspells, scrolls of identify, fly, invisibility, fireball, a cloak of resistance, hat of disguise, 330 gp 6 sp.

Spellbook: (spells per day 4/4/3/2) [Base DC 13 + spell's level]
0- all
1st - mage armor, tenser's floating disk, unseen servant, detect secret doors, reduce person, sleep, mount; 2nd - blindness/deafness, knock, rope trick, detect thoughts; 3rd - dispel magic, leomund's tiny hut

Background: The elf spoke in hushed tones. Long raven black hair rested on his narrow shoulders. His soft manner and expensive clothing reveal him to be, or was, in the least, of high society.

“I’m close enough. Still people say I’m playing chess with Graz’zt. I’m sure that this hourglass is special. I’m telling you! I’m not trying to bother you with a slaad-story. Certainly don’t believe the chant on the street about me, I’m not insane.
I might be known to have lead a hedonistic lifestyle. Alcohol, gambling, drugs, the whole lot. The average Sensate, right? That is not to say that I don’t believe in that stuff anymore. Truth can only be perceived through senses. The more you perceive, the more you know about the Truth. Over self indulgence doesn’t bring the Truth. I’m clean now, not raving over some Styx Dust I sniffed. Ever since I had a dirty halo, I’ve been working hard.
You see I own this small antique shop in the Hive, right next to Fiend's Salute down Lacklustre Lane, I trade and deal with all kinds of trinkets, day in and day out. And I’m telling you, this is the real thing! Not some kind of useless garbage for Clueless ones. It’s got to be some kind of artifact. The symbols etched on the side reaveal some kind of celestial origin, yet the stuff on the inside is clearly infernal.
And I got to find out how it works, berk! Now, I’ve been preparing for this for sometime now. Hopefully, I have enough jink. I need a few bodies who can withstand the heat of the City of Brass yet smart enough not be fooled by Graz’zt’s concubines.
Are you with me or not?”

The elf stares intently at you anxiously awaiting an answer. His black eyes sparkle with an excitement rarely seen in those of the immortal elves. He shifts uncomfortably in his fancy light green gemmed robe.

Last edited:

Arken

Explorer
Thaddeus Endlethine

There is a small village on the wooded slopes of a lesser known part of Arborea which formed around a circle of standing stones from a time that even the elves and eladrin asked have forgotten. As part of the ring are three arches composed of a capstone laid across two upright menhirs and each of these arches are portals. One led to the Plane of Faerie, one to Aeflhiem and one to the blessed realms of Tir Na Nog. Whilst ordinarily such a nexus of portals would prompt a flourishing of trade and thus an influx of population it was not so in this case as the portals had as their keys the finest original works of music and in particular poetry, they were beyond the use of most in the multiverse and they came to be know as the Artist’s Gates.
Nevertheless, it did mean that on occasion one of the greatest of bards or poets might pass through the town as they made use of their exclusive crossing points.
So it was that in this town a scribe’s guild was begun to catch and record the works of the artists that might pass through. It was founded by an elven Guvner named Lucianus wishing to learn the laws of art and an aasimar poet-philosopher named Altheon from Olympus that had tired of performing in debauched coliseums and sought a more sedate and scholarly life from which to approach his art, a place he could concentrate on the sensation of poetry without being pressed to join in baccic revelry. Thaddeus’s father was an Olympian bariaur by the name of Dolan that had followed Altheon to be a scribe.
His mother on the other hand had been one of the artists and had travelled the planes as a leading poet of the Society of Sensation. She was called Uula and had attached ‘the glorious’ as a moniker, and it came to pass that she entered into the village as she journeyed from the court of a pixie king on her way to view the druidic rights of a cosmic solstice. She rested a while in the town and in short notice was approached by the guild, that they might make a record of her work. As it was felt she might be more comfortable with one of her own race Dolan was assigned the task of scribing.
So day in day out for a month or so they sat late into the heady arborean night with the scents of forest flowers in the air and as the tales and poems were woven, slowly but surely Dolan fell in love. As Uula was the sort to react favourably to utter devotion and awe, she returned his affections…
She left the next week; she was not the sort to stay in one place for long.
Almost a year later the baby Thaddeus was brought to the doorstep by a low ranking member of the sensates along with a letter in the form of a poem expressing heart wrenching love for the child falling prey to a wanderlust that could not be quenched and suggesting the care of an infant was perhaps more the province of Thaddeus’s father.
So, he was raised by the scribes in the guild, taking lessons in poetry at the feet of Lucianus, Altheon and others so he developed a critical ear and knowledge of the great tales and planes of the multiverse while never leaving the village. While he was not studying, he played in the way only Arboreans can, questing with friends into the wild forests or playing his flute and composing poetry in the pastoral countryside.
Then on a fateful day, a Manticore attacked the village; the adults of the village were mustered and went forth to attempt to halt the creature. In the battle that ensued five people were killed and Dolan was one of them. Thaddeus mourned and wrote elegies to his father and was reassured that he (now reaching adulthood) had a place in the guild for as long as he wished it.
After the funeral, as needs must, Thaddeus began to sort out his father’s books and outstanding affairs and as he studied in his father’s personal library found a secret compartment in one of the bookshelves. Opening it, he found books and papers: his mother’s tales and poems. Accompanying them were his father’s own love poems. Thadeus sat there all through that night and the following day, on the floor of his father’s study, pouring over the texts, and was moved, and wept, and laughed.
By the next night he had seen the poems that were studied in the guild in a new light, brought home to him by the fact he was reading the works of his own parents. Beyond just being literature, poetry was the recorded experience of individuals, and what experiences!
Resolved to find out about the amazing poet that was his mother and with a wanderlust he had found in himself in reading her record of her own, he set out for the Golden Palace, to strive to himself be a poet and firmly believing that to be one he must first have experiences worthy of poetry. On reaching the Palace, he was informed that his mother had not been seen in years, nor had she contacted the faction. Disappointed yet still holding out hope that she may just be on an extended jaunt Thaddeus joined the faction, he had come to agree with their philosophy on life anyway.
He is now employed as an ‘experiencer’ for the library of sensation for those in the sensates that believe one can achieve experience second hand, through art and the ‘sensation stones’ that are kept in the Festhall in Sigil where one can relive another’s experience. Thaddeus is to travel the planes experiencing all he can but approaches this goal common to all sensates with a rather intellectual and scholarly zeal, one he perhaps learned from Lucianus and Altheon. His belief is in poetry as the language of experience, what is the use of an experience until you can understand it and integrate it into yourself, crystallise it in language. He carries books, parchment and paper with him everywhere, they are more valuable to him even than the memories of the experiences that he holds in his head and will be transferred to a ‘sensation stone’ by faction mages at a later date.
In terms of personality, Thaddeus is both sharp and intellectual whilst being prone to dreaminess and detachment from the mundane, he also tends to hold belief in art as a highest virtue. His personal take on his faction’s philosophy is that all things are part of a unified poetic and mythological system and that the quest of all individuals, even if they do not know it, is to experience and understand so much of the multiverse that they can tap into the spiritual emotional ‘pantho-anima’ of the multiverse, the spirituality that all things are a part of. Because of this outlook, he tends to view most things symbolically rather than pragmatically. He sees beauty everywhere.
Thaddeus is a handsome Bariaur in his mid twenties with an unruly thatch of straw-coloured hair and a good-natured square jawed face. He is muscular and quite athletic from his travelling.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Thaddeus endlethine
[B]Class:[/B] Outsider(then bard)
[B]Race:[/B] bariaur
[B]Size:[/B] large
[B]Gender:[/B] male
[B]Alignment:[/B] CG
[B]Deity:[/B] -

[B]Str:[/B] 19 +4 (XXp.)     [B]Level:[/B] 3 (ECL+2)        [B]XP:[/B] XXXX
[B]Dex:[/B]  9 -1 (XXp.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +3         [B]HP:[/B] 27 (3d8+9)
[B]Con:[/B] 16 +3 (XXp.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +4     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -
[B]Int:[/B] 16 +3 (XXp.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 40'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B]  7 -2 (XXp.)     [B]Init:[/B] -1        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 15 +2 (XXp.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -X         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +5    -1    -1    +X    +X    +X    13
[B]Touch:[/B] XX              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] XX

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +3          +6
[B]Ref:[/B]                       3    -1          +2
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    -2          +1

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Large Quarterstaff         +7     1d8+4     x2
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Celestial, Sylvan, Abyssal

[B]Abilities:[/B]
Powerful Charge: 2d6+2 bludgeoning damage gore attack on charging, 
Quadraped,
Resistant to spells: +2 on will saves
Racial bonus to skills: +2 to listen and spot
Darvision: 60ft

[B]Feats:[/B] Combat Expertise, Improved Feint

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 66       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 6/3
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Jump                       6    +4            10
Listen                     6    -2     +2      6
Knowledge(planes)          6    +3             9
Move Silently              6    -1             5
Sense Motive               6    -2             4
Spot                       6    -2     +2      6
survival                   6    -2             4
Perform(wind)              3    +2             5
Diplomacy                  3    +2             5
Knowledge(history)         3    +3             6
Bluff                      3    +2             5

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
Chain shirt (barding)      1500gp   50lb
Masterwork Flute            100gp   2lb
Many Books, Paper, Pens      20gp   10lb
Explorers Outfit             10gp    8lb
Artisan's Outfit
Traveller’s Outfit
Backpack
Caltrops
Scrollcase
Chalk x 5
Flint & Steel
Flask
Ink
Inkpen
Belt Pouch
Sealing Wax
Signet Ring
Sunrod x 5
Merchant's Scale              20gp    10lb
Gemstones of various qualities to the value of 2850gp
[B]Total Weight:[/B]XXlb      [B]Money:[/B] XXgp XXsp XXcp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX   XXX

[B]Age:[/B] XX
[B]Height:[/B] X'XX"
[B]Weight:[/B] XXXlb
[B]Eyes:[/B] XXXX
[B]Hair:[/B] XXXX
[B]Skin:[/B] XXXX
Appearance: XXXX

Background: XXXX

sophist

First Post
Nymarion "Nymar" Lonemoon, male Tiefling Rog3/Wiz1 (ECL +1)
HD 3d6+1d4+4 (21 hp)
Alignment:Chaotic Good

Str 10 (2pts)
Dex 18 (10 pts, +2 Race)
Con 12 (4 pts)
Int 17 (6 pts, +2 race, +1 4th level)
Wis 12 (4 pts)
Cha 10 (4 pts, -2 Race)

Race Traits (cf. PS3e):
· +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
· Medium-size humanoid.
· Tiefling base speed is 30 feet.
· Darkvision up to 60 feet.
· Cold, fire, and electricity resistance 5.
· Darkness (Sp): Tieflings can use darkness once per day as cast by a sorcerer
of their character level.
· +2 racial bonus to Bluff and Hide checks.
· Favored Class: Rogue.
· Level Adjustment +1

Class Abilities:
- Sneak Attack +2d6
- Evasion
- trapfinding, trap sense +1
* Summon Familiar: Damien has a black cat Familiar(+3 move silently)
* Scribe Scroll

Skills: (66 Rouge, 5 Wizard)
Hide +12=6r+4a(+2 race)
Move Silently +13=6r+4a+(3 familiar)
Bluff +8=6r+0a+(+2 race)
Sense Motive +7=6r+1a
Diplomacy +6=6r+0a
Search +8=5r+3a
Disable Device +8=5r+3a
Open Lock +9=5r+4a
Survival(Urban) +7=6r+1a
Tumble +10=6r+4a
Listen +6=5r+1a
Spellcraft +5=1*r+2r+3a
Knowledge(Arcana) +4=1r+3a
Knowledge(planes) +4=1r+3a
Concentration +3=1*r+1r+1a
*r=cross-class rank //r=class skill ranks // a= ability bouns
()= other boni
Languages: Planar Trade, Abyssal, Draconic, Undercommon, Elven

Feats:
(Lvl1)Iron Will
(Lvl3)Weapon Finesse (short sword)

Saves:
Fort +3(+1 Rog, +1 Con, +1 Ring)
Ref +8(+3 Rog, +4 Dex, +1 Ring)
Will +7(+1 Rog, +2 Wiz, +1 Wis, +2 Feat, +1 Ring)

Base Attack: +2
Meele : +2 (+6 /w short sword)
Ranged: +6

Armor Class: 14 (+4 dex)
with all defensive spells, this might go as high as 22

Wizard Spellcasting
Level 0/1
Slots 3/2
Spellbook: 0th-all, 1st - Mage Armor, Shield, Jump, Comprehend Languages, Identify, True Strike
comonly memorized: 0th - detect magic, daze, mage hand, 1st - Mage Armour, Shield

Equipment: (based on table 5-1, p.135, DMG 3.5, effective level 5)
Pearl of Power I (1000gp)
Short Sword +1 (2000gp)
Ring of Resitance +1 (2000gp)
Bag of Holding I (2500gp)
Spellbook with spells (comes with class)
Spell component Pouch (5gp)
Writing Set (Quill, ink, and book to write in) (30 gp)
Scroll Writing Materials for 100gp
Knive (5gp)
One courtier outfit (30 gp)
Two black traveller's outfits (2gp)
Two grey traveller's outfits (2gp)
Light Crosbow + 20 bolts (37 gp)
Caltops (1gp)
Thief tools, MW (100gp)
has in Coin: 223 gp
just assume he spent the rest for excesses of the one or other kind :)

Description: Nymar has an elvish look, including long ears. His silver hair is short. He usually wears a unremarkable grey clothing, which fits his skin tone quite right. Nymarion has small horns and a 32 cm tail, for which he has to cut a hole in the bottom of his trousers.
Background: Nymar is the son of a Grey-Elf Maiden, who was a slave of a Demon Lord. One day adventurers came, killed the Demon, looted the place, and brought the slaves to Sigil and set them free there. Still, his mother had to work in a bothrel, so Nymar grew up on the streets, learing the craft of being a cat-burglar. Although subject to predjudice, he strove to put on a nice face to the world, always giving a bit more than needed and thus won the gruding respect of other rouges. One of these noticed his keen intellect and suggested the study of wizardy, which opened a new world beyond the streets to Nymar.
Around this time, his mother joined the sensates and moved to a stronghold of them in the outlands, so Alexander lost contact. As this happend he changed his surname from Brightmoon to Lonemoon.
Nymar has ended his apprenticeship, returning to the streets as he found that staying in libaries is not his kind of life. He wouldn't want to miss the ideas and worlds contained within books ever again, but neither the real world.
Nymarion has flirted with several factions, including the Signers, the Fated and the Godsmen, but ultimatly percieved a flaw in all their philosophy. So he found his home in the Free League.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads