Planescape Planescape 5E Hinted at?

dave2008

Legend
A quick google search told me that this image is related to MTG Dragons of Tarkir. Not sure where the Planescape speculation is coming from.
The artist that posted it was the preeminent artist of planescape and he regularly post about D&D. He has a long history with planescape and no history (that I know of) with Magic.

EDIT: To clarify, his "old pals" at WotC would be D&D people, not Magic people.

TheSword

Legend
I’m getting shivers remembering the Planescape Monstrous Compendium. Probably my favourite Planescape product from a setting filled with good products.

C9DBCA78-D6D9-4E0A-8EE5-B141B3D3AB23.jpeg

Pjack

Explorer
While I would LOVE to see WotC return to Planescape, remember that Tony DiTerlizzi also illustrated something like 86 Magic cards. This could be work on another Magic set, or they could be adapting a Magic world into a 5e hardcover (like they did with Ravnica and Theros). I'm not a Magic guy, but it looks like most of his card art is from the "primary" Magic plane of Dominaria? Which would be quite the ambitious hardcover; it looks like it has a lot going on. My money's on the Magic cards, but if it's a D&D book, I'm gonna snap that thing up, even if it's not Planescape.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
While I would LOVE to see WotC return to Planescape, remember that Tony DiTerlizzi also illustrated something like 86 Magic cards. This could be work on another Magic set, or they could be adapting a Magic world into a 5e hardcover (like they did with Ravnica and Theros). I'm not a Magic guy, but it looks like most of his card art is from the "primary" Magic plane of Dominaria? Which would be quite the ambitious hardcover; it looks like it has a lot going on. My money's on the Magic cards, but if it's a D&D book, I'm gonna snap that thing up, even if it's not Planescape.

Realistically, could be just about anything at all, and probably way off in the future at any rate.

Wishbone

Paladin Radmaster
The artist that posted it was the preeminent artist of planescape and he regularly post about D&D. He has a long history with planescape and no history (that I know of) with Magic.

EDIT: To clarify, his "old pals" at WotC would be D&D people, not Magic people.

Tony DiTerlizzi also contributed art to a number of Magic: The Gathering cards so I assume he would have connections there as well.

Remove ads