Planescape - Dead God Rising ~OOC

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
So, anyone interested in playing in a planecape campaign, just let me know your charcter ideas (race, class, alignment, faction).

If enough players show interest i will run two campaigns wit hdifferent protagonists, each with its own flavour and tone to better accomodate tastes.

The first idea (and the main one im concentrating on for now) is the moraly ambiguous one, where neutral characters fit in best. mercenaries, sell-swords, and generally characters who do not give a flying-monkey's arse about who they work for and who theryre opposing. Ideally, they have a history based in Sigil, and they consider themselves talented at what they do. Im looking for genral EL +1 races for this adventure (though others are welcome), with planetouched being the ones im looking for the most.
Planar races A good knowledge of the planes would be helpful (to characters, if not the players!).
I would expect (or hope) for some playes to use the planar substitution levels from the Planar Handbook for characters created for this adventure
This adventure will involve more planar politics (faction/religion/planar interaction), though combat will be far from uncommon.
I imagine this one to be more gritty, dark and far from high-fantasy. think maddening sojourns through pandemonium, hostile trips to the abyss (where you may or may not be working for baatezu..) and so on.

The other idea is a more traditional - standard 'good' party (clueless - character from the material plane) would fit into this party more than the other one. composed of more common races. Think swashbuckling action, and the sense of wonder at seeing new planes for the first time. Journerys on flying ships though the plane of air, treks through the outlands and so on.

Of course any class/race can take part in either campaign, but keep in mind tha tsome characters may not fit in (no paladins in the first idea, for instance!)

Rules:
All core rulebooks
PH II
Planar Handbook and Manual of the Planes
all Complete Books
all Races of Books (including Race of the Dragon, but not Races of Eberron)
The Spell Compendium (all spells should come from the above books, any exceptions - just show me the spell and I'll let you know)
Feats/Skills from the Panewalker.com site (anything else, just ask me and ill let you know)
Tome of Magic (i like all classes in that book though i doubt anyone will use them)
Magic of Incarnum and Expanded Psionics Handbook (i wont be using anything from those books but if anyone wants to use feats/classes etc from there, feel free to)
and Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss

Ability Scores: 32 point buy, should make pretty good characters with that

HP: 1/2+1 (1st level is max, as usual)

Starting Gold: 9000, no item can be worth more than 4,500 (magical items from the abov books only, no exceptions).

List your characters' languages, alignment and Faction (and religion, if any). These are all quite important

And, as Thanee pointed out, keep in mind that outsiders are not humanoids, so many spells do affect them differently (that what things like charm monster etc are for)

And finally: anyone who is a faction member may have an extra feat chosen from the faction feats at the Planewalker.com site. The character should be a member-in-good-standing of the fation if he/she is to have such a feat. i leave it up to you whether or not to take the feat (all prerequisited do apply)

Rules:
all standard PH rules, with the addition of Defence Bonus and Armour as DR. no more no less

I'm also looking for a post speed of at least 1-2 days, hopefully more, to keep things running at a good pace to keep interests high

for any other info, please ask

Nalfeshnee

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
I'd like to mull over some concepts in my head, but I've always loved modrons so I'm leaning in that direction. A rogue modron down on his luck, intellectual, but out of its element, trying to find some meaningful purpose to serve. I'm thinking that a psionic character may be the way to go; a modron who harnesses the power of pure logical thought to affect the world around it. Let me know if this sounds good.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Rofl! Ambrus I knew it, look at my suggesting in the other thread. lol

It seems like the adventure wouldn't really be in line with my character, his philosophy is somewhat similar to that of the sons of mercy so I don't think he would work well with a party of amoral/imoral hired killers. Besides he's not very combat oriented so they'ed probably have little reason to keep him around anyway. Then again he might feel that he can do more good being the concience of the group. Of course the last time I played with someone who had no concept of morality I hated it, but that was actually the player and not just the character... ARG I'm torn.

RobotRobotI

First Post
I've got a character who might work out alright in either of the presented stories (Since I haven't given her any play yet, her overall attitude is still flexible.) But uh... I'd have to ask if you'd consider the Half-Fey Template from the Fiend Folio. I can give you the important crunchy bits if you don't have the book.

Voadam

Legend
A mercenary binder, maybe going for anima mage, would be fun. I'll look over planewalker.com but I'm thinking bladeling or tiefling right now. I don't have planar handbook or the 3e manual of planes so I'd be going off planewalker.

I don't think you've said level in this one, is it ECL 5, LA +1 as in the original thread?

resistor

First Post
I'm thinking of a Githzerai Psion (not sure what specialization yet) called Arshakka. He was trained as an Anarch as a youngling, but had a major epiphany that led to his emmigration to Sigil and joining the Signers. He firmly believes that the universe is a figment of his imagination, and that he is able to shape it through concentration (his psionic powers). His experience as an Anarch only reaffirms this belief.

He was a loyal member of the Signers, but didn't play a large part in the Faction War, as he was away in Limbo at the time, practicing his Anarch abilities. He has not announced any membership to the Mind's Eye, mostly because he does not hold with some of the newer credos brought in from the Believers of the Source.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ooo! Planescape! Shiney! I would very much like to be a part of this, but I have so many ideas buzzing around in my head right now...

Ok, I've just looked through my Planescape boxed set and congitated on some stuff and I think I have a plan. A spiker psion Signer, one who creates and destroys with the power of his mind, and figures that conscious control of the rest of the multiverse is little more than then next level of self-enlightenment away. He was considered a little bit mad by most of his people, but his own determination to see his dreams of pure power realized led him to Sigil, and eventually to the Sign of One faction.

Gli'jar

First Post
I would like to express my interest in such a game. Cerastes, LN Zenythri Monk of the Transcendent Order

Last edited:

Remove ads