Planescape, Inner Planes and Guide to the Astral Plane

Shemeska

Adventurer
Banshee16 said:
And as to the guide to the ethereal, that station hanging in the middle of nowhere, at the edge f a tear in the plane to...somewhere else, was pretty cool.

Banshee

Leicester's Gap was, hands down, the single coolest idea that Bruce Cordell has penned. Go watch Event Horizon and then run players through that. And funny that... my PCs may have an interesting time there in the future... Mu-ha. Actually Cordell's descriptions of Ether Gaps in general really had an impact on me, and I've used them a number of times in my campaign, and they even worked their way into a mention when I wrote up the Keeper Ecology.

Edheldur

First Post
So, basically I'm now sold on the Inner Planes, Guide to the Ethereal and Guide to the Astral. Thus, comes the hard part... getting them (and not only in PDF form)

Mechanurge

First Post
They all have great flavour and writing but I wasn't impressed with the artwork in The Inner Planes. I think diTerlizzi was gone by that point. Great info sources though.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Edheldur said:
Thus, comes the hard part... getting them (and not only in PDF form)

You've got a copy of Planes of Conflict already, which is probably the most difficult one to find (certainly tends to be the most expensive), so the others will be much easier by comparison. Astral and Ethereal should be easy to find, but Inner Planes may be a little harder to snag a copy of (at least in my experience on Ebay).

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Shemeska said:
You've got a copy of Planes of Conflict already, which is probably the most difficult one to find (certainly tends to be the most expensive), so the others will be much easier by comparison. Astral and Ethereal should be easy to find, but Inner Planes may be a little harder to snag a copy of (at least in my experience on Ebay).

You're not kidding. I've been looking for months and haven't been able to find a copy that I can afford.

Edheldur

First Post
Nyarlathotep said:
You're not kidding. I've been looking for months and haven't been able to find a copy that I can afford.
So, would it be bragging mentioning that I got the three "Planes of..." for $50 including shipping? :D (Complete with posters and in VERY good conditions).

countgray

First Post
On Hallowed Ground & Secrets of the Lamp

On Hallowed Ground is the best Planescape supplement. Hands down.

If you like the Inner Planes, you should also get Secrets of the Lamp which is a very detailed inner planes sourcebook that focuses on the Genie races, their cities and empires. It is not actually a Planescape product per se, but in fact an Al-Qadim product. But it was written by Wolfgang Baur and it is by far the best planar supplement that was not part of the Planescape line. Secrets of the Lamp rocks! :D

Baron Opal

First Post
Shemeska said:
Astral and Ethereal should be easy to find, but Inner Planes may be a little harder to snag a copy of (at least in my experience on Ebay).

I've been haunting eBay for a while to get the Astral and Inner Plane books to little success, myself. My quest is almost complete, however. I only need those two and On Hallowed Ground and I have all of the sourcebooks, I think. I'm not all that keen on getting the adventures. If they have useful lore I might pick up pdfs.

Soon, my collection will be reassembled!

Clueless

Webmonkey
Edheldur said:
So, would it be bragging mentioning that I got the three "Planes of..." for $50 including shipping? :D (Complete with posters and in VERY good conditions).

Nope... 'Bragging' is Hellbound box set, complete, for 12$. ;)

Remove ads