• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Planescape IS D&D Says Jeremy Crawford

Front & center In 2024 core rulebooks.

Planescape is Jeremy Crawford's favourite D&D setting. "It is D&D", he says, as he talks about how in the 2024 core rulebook updates Planescape will be more up front and center as "the setting of settings".

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I know when I order from Amazon, I put my mailing address as Earth. Since it's all the same planet, getting more specific than that is meaningless.
You are actually making my point. You don't put Earth. You don't put the universe. You don't put the multiverse. You put something more specific. The Forgotten Realms is called a setting, but even then it's overly broad for most individual campaigns which are set in more specific areas of the Realms.

I don't agree. The D&D multiverse is still a particular setting. It isn't the MCU multiverse or the Star Wars multiverse. It is its own setting, albeit a very broad one.
A multiverse includes everything that can possibly be imagined. Therefore, the MCU multiverse and the Star Wars multiverse exist within the D&D multiverse, and visa versa.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
A multiverse includes everything that can possibly be imagined. Therefore, the MCU multiverse and the Star Wars multiverse exist within the D&D multiverse, and visa versa.
I'm not sold on that. Must any given multiverse contain every imaginable universe? Isn't it still a multiverse if it merely contains an infinite number of universes? Infinite sets can be different in size, so I think it is reasonable to think that there can be different multiverses, each containing its own distinct yet infinite set of universes.

mamba

Legend
I'm not sold on that. Must any given multiverse contain every imaginable universe? Isn't it still a multiverse if it merely contains an infinite number of universes?
given that there is an infinite number, how does it not automatically contain every imaginable one (and then some)…

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads