[Planescape] Squaring the Circle Redux - IC

Serpenteye

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
"We'll have to make sure that Flaust lives forever, because I'm not sure that one's ever going to be ready for the true death." Vlad hides a wry smile in his porter.

"I could give her a few tips, if she's interested. Can you imagine her as an eternal spirit?" He smiles while emptying his glass.

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

“Don't know about you, but Flaust always gives me a certain feeling of normality, if you get the drift.”

With a smirk, Zoe picks up her glass again and empties it quickly.

deadestdai

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
Flaust wanders around the upper floors, but finds the short corridors quite empty... particularly of help. Poking around in a broom closet on the third floor, however, she finds a large copper basin-- presumably the bathtub.

Dragging the tub out, she decides it'd be better off in her own room and so attempts to lug it there.

Once sorted, then she'll look for a water source. If she can't find one, then she'll tire of this venture and head back down stairs to see if any of the others have started to do anything interesting. If water is somehow available - or someone to provide it - then she'll happily bathe. :)

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Serpenteye said:
"I could give her a few tips, if she's interested. Can you imagine her as an eternal spirit?" He smiles while emptying his glass.

"As long as she doesn't haunt me. I'd never make it to true death."

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Serpenteye said:
He makes a dissapointed face for a short moment, eyes sparkling with humour.
"Then perhaps you could join me in my quarters later, whenever you want to get off... from work. Then we could enjoy a pleasant conversation without all these distractions."
She raises an eyebrow in jest. "A pleasant conversation, is all?" and Kiaros can hear the amusement in her voice at his innuendo. She cocks her head to look at him for a moment then smiles archly. "All right, then... I could use a bit o' friendly company after a hard day's work."

deadestdai said:
Dragging the tub out, she decides it'd be better off in her own room and so attempts to lug it there.
The first time, Flaust attempted to simply drag it, but the tub proved too wide to fit through the door. Then she got the bright idea to turn it on its side and roll it, which it did quite well... out the door, into the hall, and down the stairs to the second floor with a spectacular racket. This also had the side benefit of bringing one of the staff running... they'd be sure to know where she could get some water!

A brawny bariaur comes hoofing up the stairs shouting "Oy! (snort) What in the Nine sodding Hells is goin--" Upon spotting Flaust shoving the slightly dented tub into her room (well, one of the rooms the party rented anyway), he draws up short. "What are ya doing, berk?" he asks with a sigh, as if the answer's not already perfectly obvious.

Meanwhile, downstairs in the tavern proper, the 'discussion' between the Guvners and Chaosmen debating philosophy is getting louder and more heated. Occasionally, you overhear snippets of their conversation: "The nature of good and evil? What that's got to do with anything?" "I think it has to do with a potato..." "You're barmy!" "Can a thing's basic nature ever change?"

"Hey, cutters!" a male human with a brightly mismatching outfit calls out to the group of you. "What do you think? I say everything changes, while this berk claims you can't alter someone's basic nature."

"It goes against the natural order!" a female human dressed in impeccable armor protests vehemently. "According to your point of view, an osyluth could decide to shed his evil nature and become a proxy on Mount Celestia!"

"Hey, berks, go rattle your bone-box someplace else!" shouts the osyluth sitting at the bar, its inhuman eyes glowing balefully.

"Osyluths, hah! That's too easy," the Xaositect responds, ignoring the fiend at the bar. "I say why not? Anything can change... a deva, a shadow fiend, even one o' them walking gear-boxes from Mechanus. What do you say, bloods?"

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

“Everyone can change! But do they want to? It's not a question of possibility, but a question of willingness,” Zoe replies fueling the discussion, while talking just as loud as necessary, before turning her head back to her fellows.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Blade stands and raises an eyebrow at the group, the symbol of Heironeous clearly visible around her neck.*

"I came from Acheron, and now I follow a god of good and valor. I believe that is proof positive that things can change if the will is there," she says a bit proudly.

Serpenteye

First Post
Sephiroth no Miko said:
She raises an eyebrow in jest. "A pleasant conversation, is all?" and Kiaros can hear the amusement in her voice at his innuendo. She cocks her head to look at him for a moment then smiles archly. "All right, then... I could use a bit o' friendly company after a hard day's work."

He smiles back at her, "A conversation would be pleasant. And if we want something more than pleasant I'm sure it would be quite euphoric, my Lady." He admires her back as she walks away and then turns belatedly to the other conversation.

Sephiroth no Miko said:
What do you say, bloods?"
"The Laws of the Multiverse are written by the belief of mortals, and mortals are always changing. As their societies and races are born, thrive, dwindle and die their believes are ever changing and thus do the most fundamental aspects of the Multiverse also, ever so slightly, change.
Within an infinity of time and an infinity of space resides an infinity of possibility."

He raises his glass to the leader of the Guvners,
"If you believe in Law then Law will betray you, the only constant is change."

Last edited:

Remove ads