• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

planetouched

Brennin Magalus

First Post
I would like tieflings to make decent sorcerers, so I was thinking of switching their charisma penalty for a wisdom penalty. Although, I'm not certain that the penalty is necessary. (I am not entirely on board with the "some ability scores are more equal than others" mentality.)

I would also like to drop the elemental resistances for both aasimars and tieflings in favor of something else but I haven't figured out what yet.

Jack Simth

First Post
There's a catch. In order to make a decent Sorceror, for the most part, you need an LA of +0 (if a PC), or a CR of +0 (NPC) to maintain full casting progression.

Now, granted, +2 to your primary spellcasting stat can be worth a +1 LA (increases all your save DC's by 1 from the increase to the spellcasting stat, but effectivelly reduces them by 1/2 due to the reduced speed of gaining new spell levels), but for the most part, an LA isn't worth it for a primary caster.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads