• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

play a titan mauler.

Anditch

First Post
just started playimg an half orc titan mauler barbarian. I am 11th level
feats
power attack death or glory vital strike and dev strike weapon focus, cleave
rage feats.
powerful blow, scent, superstition, renewed vigor flesh wound,
spec abilities
big game hunter,jotung grip. massive weps, evade reach, dam reduct 2/-, greater rage.
i carry an oversized greatsword +1 keen and holy
So i can vital strike with power attack a do a whopping 8d6 +25 damage with one hit against large creatures that are evil. or do 4 attacks (boots of haste) total of 20d6 + 100 dam a round. now ac is low when raging its only 18. i am averaging around 40 dam a hit. i also crit on a 17+ when this happens u are hit the 100+ mark. the barbarians rage powers are so cool. lots to choose from a must class to try IMHO

I'd probably do a few things differently with the build if it was mine. Your DPR isn't as high as it really could be with a few small adjustments to the feat selections. As long as you are having fun with it, that's all that really matters though.

This is what I'd do personally with feats, rage powers, and a multi-class dip:

• Drop Drop Drop Death or Glory - It is an absolutely horrible feat, giving your opponent (a much larger opponent) bonuses to hit you, hurt you, and then crit you? This is a bad idea to me and a lot of other guys who've posted on this stuff before.
  • Drop Cleave - It's situational and good at lower levels against weak opponents that you can mow through, yet at higher levels it really isn't very good and gets progressively weaker as you level up.
  • Drop Vital Strike and Dev Strike - The chain is nice if you only get one hit per a move/hit scenario, but it is not that great especially compared to a full attack round - greater chances of doing much more damage with your decent crit range of 17-20. The other bad thing about this is that it's a 3-feat investment when you could be using your limited feats as a barbarian on other things. This is better for a fighter who gets feats every level.
  • Grab Lunge - So you can hit things another 5 feet out, especially if you are going up against some bigger opponents and you have to walk through their threatened square provoking an AOO. Then you don't need the evade reach that you have as a barbarian rage power.
  • Grab Iron Will - Nothing sucks so much as a barbarian (with his weak WILL saves) as to get confused or dominated and then proceed to kill all your friends with that big ole sword you are swinging around.
  • Grab the Barbarian Feat Tax err Raging Vitality, because then if you go down from a bunch of damage you don't drop out of rage and instantly die.
  • Grab Combat Reflexes - More AOO for you = more dpr
  • Grab Critical Focus - +4 bonus to confirming crits? Heck ya moar damage!
  • Come and Get Me - Rage power, that you WANT to get at 12th level, probably the best Rage Power out there.
  • Consider Grabbing Dreadful Carnage - For a Free Action Intimidation debuff attempt every time you kill something.
  • Consider - Going further into the critical line with the Stunning and Staggering Critical feats.
  • Consider - Dipping 1 Level of Oracle w/ the Lame Curse - This allows rage cycling so that you can do those 1/rage powers every round w/o getting fatigued. Sure you get this at 17th level as a rage power, but you can actually do 8 barbarian/1 lame oracle to do it at 9th level.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
According to RAW, you cannot use an oversized greatsword. The best that Titan Maulers can do is an oversized bastard sword or dwarven waraxe, which is why the archetype is bad.

Remove ads