• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player Behaviour Guidelines

ConspiracyAngel

First Post
In my moderate amount of time role playing D&D, I have came across a great many "audacious" participants. Among the many types of behaviours that exist, I have encountered the following:

Longwinded Reminicers (in this grouper's, in that grouper's
Impatient Math Wizards
Do This'ers, Do That'ers, Go'Here's, & Go'There's (control freaks)
The old, wise, been every PC possible (aka The lemme tell ya's)
Conspiracy Player's - always challenging every call made by DM
Players that force their _____ on everyone else (junkfood, veggies, atkin's. etc)
Testostrone Generals
Roleplay sluts (females that play only to gain attention of males at play)
Too young to know better's (... wow, you played 2.0? How old are you's)
Daddy DM's (Nepotisticly unbalanced groups)

... now before you go off on me, .... I am not saying that all of these are bad behaviours, but they represent a part of the sum I have seen. There are some on this list that I could live without, and some I enjoy a great deal.

How do others feel about these? Please feel free to add to the list.

Marimmar

First Post
My GF is very annoyed by a control freak in out group at the moment. She can't stand being told what to do. :)

Others I encountered are:

The girl that is just along for the ride (luckily not mine though).
The DM who hands out lots of goodies for his own character.
The Powerplayer who thinks that 3.0 Haste/Harm spells were not broken.
The Whiner who believes that the DM has to be nice to the players and not use devious tactics.

~Marimmar

Kemrain

First Post
The people who care so little for the enjoyment of others that they consistantly bring the level of fun down to the depths of hell and have to be asked to leave...

The people who are so utterly clueless that they grind gameplay to a halt at least thrice a session with questions and observations that they should have made prenatally...

The people who speak out of both sides of their mouthes, and still expect others not to do the same...

- Kemrain the People Person.

Kemrain

First Post
sdt said:
What was that about Roleplay sluts? :)

I suppose it is like a std to show up wherever sluts are involved... Badum ching.. *smirk*

- Kemrain the Very, Very Dyslexic.

Last edited:

MarauderX

Explorer
To add some to the list:

- Caffine addicts, who nervously fidget until their turn at which time they are shaking so much they knock a bunch of minis over Quote: "I move to flank the fighter- n-n-NO! wait, I want t-t-to flank the cleric! Whoops!"

- Disinterested Loremaster, who reads the manuals looking for a fighter PrC his wizard PC will never be able to take, and upon his turn asks what's going on. Quote: "Huh? Oh, it's my turn? Who's attacking us? A troll? I cast... hmm... not burning hands.... I cast, um, i dunno... magic missle on it. Roll damage? Oh, right."

- Stubborn Rules Dictator DM turned Player, who finds fault with all of your house rules plus the regular rules that you didn't touch, claiming his house rules are better and should have been incorporated since the beginning. Quote: "Fine, I try to turn the SUPER-DUPER-ENHANCED-UBER zombies, ONCE AGAIN, even though it should have worked LAST time, if we were using MY rules..."

- Mathematica Automatica, who automatically assumes everything in a town is free, never spends gold on anything including magic items, and never knows what is in her equipment list, assuming she carries one of each, of course. Quote: "Spell component costs? Spells don't cost money, are you crazy? They do? Oh. Well, I just subtract that out of whatever I have, I am sure I have plenty of gold."

- Scopiopath, who thinks that nothing the DM would mention or throw at them is beyond their CR (hence, within their scope), and everything should be persued and slaughtered, if only for the XP. Quote: "Where are you guys running to? We can take these 8 giants on, we're 4th level after all! C'mon, don't be wimps, the DM wouldn't kill all of us!"

- Angsty Lone Wolf Renegade, who refuses to be a team player by doing everything while away from the party, and never needs anyone else's help. Also known as the Suicidal Soloist. Quote: "I don't care what you guys do. Fight them if you want, Drizzt wants to sneak over to the BBEG and pickpocket her purse."

Dark Jezter

First Post
This thread belongs in General RPG Discussion, but I'll add to it here anyway.

Drama Queen: Also known as "real roleplayers", the drama queen likes to think of an RPG session as a play in which they are the star. They consider "roll-players", "power-gamers", and "dungeon crawlers" to be immature and unenlightened. The drama queen loves to create angsty, brooding characters who are more interested in exploring their feelings than adventuring. Example Quote "I move to a secluded corner of the tavern where I won't be bothered. I then sigh wistfully and begin humming a song about a long-lost lover while contemplating my torturous existance."

Mr. "I hate this RPG system, but I'll play it anyways and complain about it every step of the way.": This one is self-explanitory. An example would be a GURPS or Storyteller system fan who joins a D&D group because he can't find anybody else to RPG with, and then spends each session talking about how stupid D&D is and how much better their favorite system is. Example quote: "This class/levels system is an antiquated relic. If WOTC were smart, they'd stop holding on to stupid sacred cows and turn D&D into a skills-based RPG system."

Last edited:

Hecateus

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
This class/levels system is an antiquated relic. If WOTC were smart, they'd stop holding on to stupid sacred cows and turn D&D into a skills-based RPG system."
That's actually not a bad id....ah CRAP! ;)

Otterscrubber

First Post
One Alignment Fits All: My personal favorite. This is usually reserved for players who lack any ability to role play their character based on their class or history and essentially end up playing the same character with different stats and abilities. No matter what character this person plays, paladin, barbarian, monk, druid or bard he/she can always justify their actions as being within their alignment. Whether it is to steal gold, assasinate a rival or kill a hostage. Any attempts to point out that they are not acting in their alignment leads to a lengthy debate on the poorly worded, and some say poorly conceived, alignment descriptions.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads