• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player Designed Feat: Improved Combat Reflexes

Aluvial

Explorer
One of my characters is looking to create a new Combat Reflexes feat for his character...

This feat is not like the Epic Feat of the same name, this feat would allow you to take extra Attacks of Opportunity on a single character if he provoked more than once in a round.

I think that you provoke for each instance except for movement, so this would apply only to movement from more than the 1st threatened square.

Does this sound ok? What type of prerequisites would it require? Certainly the original Combat Reflexes, possibly a Dex score.

I've never designed a feat before, how does this one sound?

Aluvial

Cabral

First Post
Enh. It's weak, too specialized and unneeded. :D

If your player wants to focus more on Attacks of Oportunity, there are some in Complete Warrior (Hold the Line, and one that allows an AoO versus Improved Grab)

You may also want something like:
Overreach
Prerequisite: Proficiency with a reach weapon, combat reflexes
Benefit: While wielding a reach weapon, as a free action that provokes an attack of opportunity, you may extend the reach of your reach weapon by 5'. Whenever you use this feat, you take a -2 penalty on your AC until the beginning of your next turn.
Special: Fighters may choose this as one of their bonus feats.

Imret

First Post
Cabral said:
and one that allows an AoO versus Improved Grab)

Close-Quarters Fighting, or at least it was in Sword & Fist. I loved that feat. Mind flayer's tentacle grab + CCQ + 10 levels of paladin smite = one very dead, very surprised illithid.

the Jester

Legend
In Dungeon #100 (iirc- the issue with the Githyanki invasion theme), they had an Improved Combat Reflexes feat. I believe it gave you 2 iterative attacks when you took an AoO.

They also had a Greater Combat Reflexes feat- that's right, a third iterative AoO.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads