Player looking for a game

Uller

Adventurer
Hi All,

I'm looking to get involved in a PbP game. I generally prefer D&D or similar. I've played every edition and have rule books available for 1e, 3e, 4e and Next. I can generally post multiple times per day. If you have a group that needs a player, let me know.

Sorry...not willing to DM right now because 1) I've never played a PbP before...would like to learn how others do it first and 2) trying to get a new table group off the ground soon.

doghead

thotd
Put me on that list, too. My DM cred is in the toilet at the moment...being a player for a while might be a better bet for me right now. ;)

Hey MW, sorry to hear that. No one can say, however, that you didn't aim high.

Uller, welcome to the Gaming Action forum.

I am in one game that is still recruiting. Its not D&D per say, but we are doing To Slay a Dragon. Given that the characters consist of half a dozen numbers and a couple of paragraphs of background, it shouldn't be too hard to pick up if you are interested http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ragon-in-the-Token-System-Recruitment-Ongoing

A couple of suggestions that might help:
  • Look for threads marked recruiting. (I am sure that you have worked this out, but just in case ... :)
  • Take a look through the older OOC threads as well for games that re tagged as "recruiting" but may seem a little quiet. Sometimes, it just takes a *bump* from an interested party to kick them back into life.
  • If you see a game that looks interesting, but is not recruiting, drop in and say Hi! anyway. Mention your interest in joining. Sometimes an opportunity comes up down the line. Sometimes the games have lost a player and are carrying abandoned shells (which is a bit of a pain in the arse). Offering to ghost hack an abandoned shell can get you into a game until an opportunity comes up to bring in a character of your own. I have done this quite a few times, I quite like playing characters that were created by someone who is not me. Generally I keep the characters (unless I manage to get them killed).

Anyway, best of luck.

thotd

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
As Doghead is the dm of one of my many games I play in, I give my approval to his recommendations.

I also recommend looking into the living worlds. I am active in living pathfinder, personally.

signed
Scott-The E N World Lurker Above-DeWar

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
If you're interrested in a little OSR game, Legacy of the Silver Dragon is always looking for a few good players (we're using the Swords and Sorcery 4th edition free rules). The OOC thread is here, and the curent IC one is here.

Remove ads