• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player looking for Game! looking for consistant posting, storyline driven, frndly ppl

RedSwan78

First Post
(just to clarify, I'm a player looking for other players and a DM! Or if you have the kind of game that I'm looking for already running but need another character, let me know!)

Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've been here on the ENworld boards, but I haven't played in real life in about a year now, and I really miss it!

I'm looking for a small group of friendly people that want to have a game together that is focused on *creating a story together!*, having fun, and consistant posting! (say, everyother day, and of *course* there should be a good mix of combat in there! What good is a D&D story without killing orcs or goblins or kobolds?? :) )

Myself, 3 or 4 other people, and a DM that LOVES to create a story with his friends/players would be perfect! :)

I enjoy playing a few different kinds of characters, so I'm open to whatever really. Off the top of my head, an elven spellcaster who uses his bow alot, a combat-orientated cleric, or any kind of rogue interest me the most as to what I'd enjoy playing. (oh yeah, and either 3.0 or 3.5, doesn't really matter)

Through all my years of gaming, I've found that the BEST times that I've had playing D&D have come from when the people playing together all want to work together to create a living, flowing STORY! :) Let me clarify - this is basically to say, that the LEAST fun times I've had where when everyone was just playing to "level their character up and get phat lewt so they can become more powerful".. sure, that's of course a fun PART of D&D, but it sucks when that is the *focus*!! I want an adventure full of creativity from EVERYONE where the DM feels like he is the director of a movie and works with the players to create the script together!

If anyone else is interested in this, please let us know!

I've tried, but I'm not a good DM, my heart truely lies in playing. :) So if any DM feels like I do and wants to work with players that really care about the story, and not just "phat lewt", that'd be great! (although, like I said, nothing wrong with *getting* the "phat lewt", just not a focus on it. Hey, who DOESN'T like cool items and treasure! :D )

Any interest anybody? :)

(remember, please, only if you can commit to STICKING WITH THE GAME, and posting pretty consistantly, like every other day! Thanks! Here's to hoping we can get something going!)

~RedSwan

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
I love a good story driven game and I can post regularly. If you find a willing DM, I would like to play. I'm open to playing pretty much any character and level.

Scotley

LordAspen

First Post
Please consider me as well. Every game I get into seems to fall apart rather quickly and it is getting quite frustrating. In general, I can post atleast once a day.

lotuseater

Explorer
if you guys are willing to do a pbem, i'm putting the finishes touches on a homebrew campaign i'd like to run over email. i was thinking of putting up the announcement this weekend. and your post caught my since i'll be looking for players who prefer to develop strong characters and think their way through situations rather than just worry about leveling up.

of course combat will still play an important role. where would the fun be without it?

RedSwan78

First Post
Hey there everyone! Some good replies so far :)

I was thinking of a pbp (play by post) here on the boards, I like pbp's because the whole back-story is always there to be read, instead of saving a million emails! hehe :) What exactly where you thinking of for pbem lotuseater? Just sending out emails to everyone? Let me know what's on your mind, otherwise it sounds great :)

Do you like using squares for combat? A grid with letters/numbers works for pbp games -(example) my character moves from square A1 to D5 avoiding AoO's and shoots at the orc in square H10 :)

LordAspen, where else did you play in games that they fell apart? I hate when that happens :( You get all into your character and then people just stop responding :(

I'm cool with exchanging phone numbers so we can call someone if we don't hear from them for a few days (hey, internet connections go out, computers go down, real life happens.. hehe)

Allright! anybody else interested? :)

LordAspen

First Post
I was previously in 2 games (one PBEM, and on PBP) that were based on Monte Cooks AU ruleset and Campaign setting (the Diamond Throne). Both disolved very quickly after just 2-3 weeks. In one the players simply disappeared and in the second the DM lost his material after moving. It was quite frustrating!

BTW, the PBEM one we did wasn't too bad. We used Yahoo groups and had specific rules for carrying on the threads. All relevant data, including the threads, we also kept in the groups database so they could easily be referenced.

LordAspen

First Post
Double Post.

(p.s. Is it just me or is EN World in general VERY slow? When I browse the message boards or try to post it is painfully slow...hence the double post)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
ENWorld is a little slow at busy times of the day. However, they are in the process of a major hardware and software upgrade, which should resolve the issue. I prefer play by post to play by email, but it sounds like the pbem you have in mind is more like play by post with it's own site.

lotuseater

Explorer
i'm going to put up a post in the next two days announcing my game, but i will give you guys a bit of a preview of the kind of game i am hoping for. i definitely like to emphasize character develepment, strategy, and team work, in and out of combat. for combat, i will be using combat maps to make everything clear. i'm looking for regular posters. i will usually be posting at least twice a day (the benefits of working at home and in front of the computer), so i'm hoping for a group that can post daily, at least during the week. and i'm going to drag out the character creation process a little bit, just so i can get a feel for the players and make sure everyone's serious about it.

as for why it's going to be pbem, i live in a certain country that likes to block websites, especially messageboards. so at different times i might have access blocked to enworld, and it could turn out that it gets blocked permanantly, though that generally only happens to politically sensitive material. anyway, i would hate to start a game, and then have my access blocked. so i will be running everything through email. yahoo groups is also out (see above) but hotmail groups might be possible.

so that's the story. i'll post a link in this thread when i get the announcement up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads