• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player looking for group Whitby ON, (Brock ST N & Rossland Rd E area)

MonkLover

First Post
I am a mature player who just moved to Whitby. I am interested in joining an exsisrting weekly possible in my area. I am willing to host but I am not interested in DMing, as I don't feel I have the skills or time to properly run a weekly game. I am mostly intderested in playing AD&D 2nd ed or 4E D&D, but will play 3.0/3.5 D&D. I have played many game systems, but mostly AD&D 2nd Ed from 1987 to the start of D&D3.0 on an almost daily basis. I then played a little bit of D&D 3.0 before my work schedule took me away from the game, until 2008 when I was once again able to rejoin a table of gamers for a weekly session of 4E. But alas I have moved away from my gaming group in Thornhill to my new house in Whitby, and as I don't drive and my wife does not get off work until 6-6:30 most nights I will be unable to comute into TO for the weekly session. I am looking for a group close by in the Oshawa/ Whitby/ Ajax area that I can get to and from using Durham Transit (or catching a ride with someone if possible), or for a goup of players and a DM that would not mind sequestering themselves in my basement with me, away from my wife and children for a couple of hours of gaming once a week in tyhe evening.
please contact me via my email at [EMAIL="mr_dana_overland@yahoo.ca"]mr_dana_overland@yahoo.ca[/EMAIL] if interested
Thanks in advance

webmosher

First Post
Have you found a group yet?

I am also an older, red box original player in the Whitby area. I can DM, but not host at the moment. I am preferring 4E right now, but can play other editions. I don't have much experience with 3/3.5, but its just a game, and I think I might have the books in storage somewhere. If you know of a group in Durham that looks good, I can drive. I am sort of looking for a co-ed group, as my daughter is also getting interested.

Thanks

MonkLover

First Post
I could host at my place

Have you found a group yet?

I am also an older, red box original player in the Whitby area. I can DM, but not host at the moment. I am preferring 4E right now, but can play other editions. I don't have much experience with 3/3.5, but its just a game, and I think I might have the books in storage somewhere. If you know of a group in Durham that looks good, I can drive. I am sort of looking for a co-ed group, as my daughter is also getting interested.

Thanks

No not yet, but I do have contacts with a small group of interested players in and about the area, and have just been lacking someone interested in, and capable of running a campaign. I just placed a couple of posts on the Toronto Dungeons and Dragons Meetup, and Toronto Area Gamers (TAG) meetup groups offering my place as a venue for up to 7 people besides myself to play, and I also plan on placing a post on the Dungeons and Dragons Community page at WotC's official site as well. It would be great if you are interested in DM'ing. I am open to a 4E campaign as I have many of the books and I am planning on getting a DDI membership soon. I would also be interested in an AD&D 2E campaign as I have a very extensive collection of books in that rule set. My home is in the Rossland Rd E. and Brock St. N. area of Whitby. My basement is large enough that I could probably fit 7-8 adults around a couple of card tables, and the basement has a door that closes so that interruptions from my wife and 2 small children can be kept to a minimum. I do however have 1 cat, so I hope you and your daughter do not have allergies to cats. I would be looking at hosting on Monday evenings from 6:30-7PM to as late as 11PM 1/week or bi-weekly (what ever works best for the group). I am interested in almost any campaign setting, but besides homebrew campaigns I have most my experience in Forgotten Realms Campaigns, and like old school feeling games. If you are still interested please contact me at mr_dana_overland@yahoo.ca

I hope to hear from you soon.
Regards.

Last edited:

MonkLover

First Post
I have been in contact with another gentleman who might be interested DMing a campaign if I can get enough players together. If you and your duaghter are still interested in Monday evenings email me and let know

Remove ads