• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Player vs player hostility

SweeneyTodd

First Post
Quick note:

If someone's nice, except for being rude, snide, and dismissive of one person?

They're not actually nice.

I promise you that this is true.

Hjorimir

Adventurer
I play to have fun. If I'm in a game as a player and this kind of thing starts happening I let the responsible parties know that it is a problem and either they need to resolve it (and soon) or I'm gone. If I'm the DM I just kick them to the curb until they can work it out and come back to the table as adults.

Granted, one of the players is the DM's fiance, so that's going to complicate matters.

Xombie Master

First Post
If, in my games, one player can't be civil to another player, they will find things getting very difficult for them. I don't require them to be buddies but if you threaten another players enjoyment of the game, your gone! It's kind of like my view on cheating. I play with adults, not children.

Xombie Master

First Post
Dump her. She sounds like a total pain in the rear. Life's too short to put up with antagonistic, self-centered gamers.
Rock on! \m/

I would like to add that I'm cool with people "kissing and making up". As long as my game runs smooth, hate who you want to hate.

Dreeble

First Post
Heya:

Let's say there were no issues with where you folks play. If someone does need to be booted (that is, things can't be truly resolved in a comfortable and fun way otherwise) then which player leaving would maximize fun for the rest of the group?

On the one hand I'd always advocate trying to resolve stuff in an inclusive manner. On the other hand, this slow player would probably drive me bonkers in a game. Hanging out for other stuff, like movies, board games (where speed doesn't matter), etc. would be cool. In a D&D game? Not so much.

Take care,
Dreeble

sniffles

First Post
ZuulMoG said:
I don't hate stupid people or anything, I'm just a snob intellectualist with a low frustration tolerance for willful ignorance.

He may not be "willfully ignorant" (for which I, too, have a low tolerance). Some people just aren't good at some things. Don't tell me you're good at everything. :p

It sounds to me like Player X is being a jerk. She may have a low tolerance just as I do, but that doesn't give her the right to pick on the guy all the time. Maybe somebody needs to remind her of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Would she like it if somebody ragged on her all the time about the way she did things? It may be that she doesn't even realize she's doing it. It's amazing to me how often people don't think before they open their mouths.

Remove ads