Player vs Player PC death

So, a little scenario set up: Currently playing a homebrew 3.5 campaign, party consists of myself (cloistered cleric heal bot- next to no offensive combat usefulness), a rogue, a bandit, a ranger, and a spiked chain trip spec fighter.

The player running the fighter has all but declared war on the cleric- ultimate goal is to become evil and gain the Death Knight template.

My newly level 7 cleric isn't built for one-on-one combat, and if the fighter catches him alone, he's going to die.

My question is, what would you build at level 6 to face off against a trip spec death knight? Preferrably good aligned.

Dandu

First Post
I think it's a magic item in the DMG that is, in retrospect, far too expensive for me to recommend. So Shatter his weapon (or belt of the weapon is magical), use Ice Slick and Hold Person to immobilize him, then deal with the situation at your leisure.

Maybe go get help.

I think it's a magic item in the DMG that is, in retrospect, far too expensive for me to recommend. So Shatter his weapon (or belt of the weapon is magical), use Ice Slick and Hold Person to immobilize him, then deal with the situation at your leisure.

Maybe go get help.

Hm. Shatter once to break his weapon, once again to remove all non magical clothing he's wearing.

Thanks for your help, Dandu.

But, on the chance that my cleric doesn't survive the encounter, how would you counter a trip spec death knight?

If that is the case, why would the cleric change his build at the next level and remain a blissfully unaware heal-bot?

Mostly because the fighter admitted to lying to the party about having an artifact that had corrupted another party member.

But this thread started with the assumption that the heal bot cleric will get ganked by the fighter, and as a request for build ideas to counter the threat that the fighter would become should he succeed.

pdzoch

Explorer
Mostly because the fighter admitted to lying to the party about having an artifact that had corrupted another party member.

But this thread started with the assumption that the heal bot cleric will get ganked by the fighter, and as a request for build ideas to counter the threat that the fighter would become should he succeed.
Ah, so now the cleric is suspicious.

Sent via magic sending while journeying on a quest.

Remove ads