[Players Chosen] Do You Have What It Takes To Join The Nameless Legion?

Bront

The man with the probe
Coldtac, Kalashtar Warmind

Here's my Warmind. I have everything done except his psionic abilities, which shouldn't be too hard (He's got 4 powers, not including the one he gets racialy). I might also create the Halfling Mounted Warrior as well, but I like how Coldtac turned out. Hope the background is interesting and usable. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] ColdTac
[B]Class:[/B] Fighter 5/Warmind 7
[B]Race:[/B] Kalashtar
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] LN
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 20 +5 (6p.)      [B]Level:[/B] 12       [B]XP:[/B] 66000/78000
[B]Dex:[/B] 16 +3 (6p.)      [B]BAB:[/B] +12/7/2    [B]HP:[/B] 117 (12d10+24)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)      [B]Grapple:[/B] +17    [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 2/-
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)      [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Man Lv:[/B] 7
[B]Wis:[/B] 17 +3 (6p.)      [B]Init:[/B] +3        [B]PP:[/B] 59
[B]Cha:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)      [B]ACP:[/B] -4         

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +11    +4    +3    +0    +0    +2    30
[B]Touch:[/B] 15              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 27

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      9    +1    +2    +12
[B]Ref:[/B]                       6    +3    +2    +11
[B]Will:[/B]                      3    +3    +2    +8

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
1-H Bastard Sword*        +18   1d10+5+1d4   19-20x2
2-H Bastard Sword*        +18   1d10+7+1d4   19-20x2
Guisarme                  +18     2d4+7       20x3
Longbow(110')             +16     1d8+4       20x3
Warhammer                 +18     1d8+5       20x3
Rapier                    +18     1d6+5      19-20x2
Dagger(10')             +18(+16)  1d4+5      19-20x2
Lion Shield		  +17	   2d6	      20x2
*Allows sundering as if wielder has the Improved Sunder feat.

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Quor, Draconic, Riedran

[B]Abilities:[/B]
[u]Kalashtar Racial Abilities[/u]
- Natural Psionic: +1 PP Per CL, regardless of class.
- Mind Link power at CL/2 Mainfester Level.
- +2 Racial Bonus to Diplomacy, Bluff, and Intimidation
- Sleeps, but does not dream.
- +2 Racial Bonus to Disguise to impersonate a human.
- +2 Racial Bonus to saves vs Mind affecting spells and abilities, and possession.
[u]Warmind Class Abilities[/u]
Chain of Personal Superiority (Ex): +4 insight to Str and Con 1 minute, 3 times per day as a free action.
Chain of Defensive Posture (Ex): +2 insight bonus to AC 1 minute, 3 times per day as a free action.
Enduring Body (Ex): Damage Reduction 2/–.
Sweeping Strike (Ex): Melee attacks apply to creatures in two adjascent squares equally, If moved less than 10' since last round.
[u]Other[/u]
Tattoo of Amity: +2 Morale bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidation

[B]Feats:[/B]
L1: Education
F1: Quickdraw
F2: Power Attack
L3: Exotic Weapon: Bastard Sword
F4: Cleave
A4: Str +1
L6: Overchanel
A8: Str +1
L9: Talented
A12: Wis +1
L12: Endurance

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 60       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 15/7.5
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
KN: History		   2    +2          +4
KN: Psionics		   8    +2    +2    +12
Ride			   5    +3          +8
Jump			   7    +5    +1    +13
Climb			   5    +5    -4    +6
Swim			   5    +5    -8    +2
Concentration		   5    +2          +7
Intimidate		   5    +0    +4    +9
Psicraft		   5    +2    +2    +9
Autohypnosis		  13    +3    +2    +18
Diplomacy		   0    +0    +4    +4
Bluff			   0    +0    +2    +2

[B]Equipment:           	    Cost  Weight[/B]
Tattoo of Amity			0	0
Adamantium Bastardsword, (Psionic)
 +1 Sundering, Psychokinetic	21035	6
Mithril Full Plate +3		19650	25
Mithril Lion's Shield		10170	7.5
Boots of Springing and Striding	5500	
Ring of Protection +2		8000	
Cloak of Resistance +2		4000	
Belt of Giant Strength +4	16000	
Gloves of Dexterity +2		4000	
Periapt of Wisdom +2		4000	
Masterwork Comp Str +4 Bow	800	3
Masterwork Rapier		320	2
Masterwork Warhammer		312	5
Masterwork Guisarme		309	12
Masterwork Dagger		302	1
40 Arrows			2	6
2 Pot:Cure Serious Wounds	750	
3 Pot:Cure Moderate Wounds	450	
2 Pot:Darkvision (CL3)		300	
2 Pot:Enlarge (CL3)		150	

Handy Haversack			2000	2
-Everburning Torch		110	1
-100' Silk Rope			20	10
-10 Days Dry Rations		5	10
-2 Sunrods			4	2
-3 Water Skins			3	12
-Whetstone			0.02	1

Magebred Heavy Warhorse		800	
-Chain Shirt Barding		400	50
-Military Saddle		20	30
[B]Total Weight:[/B]69.5lb      [B]Money:[/B] 50pp 87gp 9sp 8cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               133   266   400   400   2000

[B]Age:[/B] 43
[B]Height:[/B] 5'11"
[B]Weight:[/B] 165lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Pale
Appearance: Coldtac is a quite young for someone quite so renowned. He rarely is seen without his plate armor, which is well kept and quite ornate. He bears a tattoo the insignia of The Thoughts of War on his left shoulder, and the Tattoo of Amity on his right shoulder. His short black hair is cut very short for little maintenance in war, and his piercing blue eyes are constantly aware of his surroundings, as if he is surveying for his next battle. Tall and muscular, his is generally free of some of the more obvious scarring that seasoned warriors have.

Background: Coldtac had a former life, one that earned him his place here. He knows little of it, only that he lead a small group of Kalashtars in an assault against an Inspired stronghold shortly before a lance from The Thoughts of War were able to do so, and was effective and brutal in his tactical execution. He was barely an adult, and already leading his own force, but was highly decorated with the Kalashtars. The Thoughts of War scouted him for a month before picking him up and making the offer. Always one to look coldly at the big picture, it was an easy choice. Or at least that’s what he’s been told by Render, the human Egoist who recruited him.

Coldtac’s natural psionic ability and incredible combat potential earned him a privileged spot studying under Master Razor, the most renowned warmind in the Legion. He trained Coldtac to keep his mind and his body sharp, and to apply his mind in combat in ways Coldtac had only heard Kalashtar legends about. Coldtac came out of this training stronger, tougher, and able to will his body into a true weapon. Coldtac was one of Master Razor’s favored students; for his hard work and dedication to the craft of the warmind, and soon Coldtac found himself back out in combat.

Coldtac made a good first impression when he challenged his commanding officer’s battle plan during what was supposed to be a routine skirmish. The CO was irked, but made some of Coldtac’s adjustments to his plan. Coldtac’s wisdom soon became evident to the CO, as the battle was won at a costly rate, one which he knew could have been avoided if he had heeded Coldtac’s warnings.

Eventually, he earned the name Coldtac from his cold demeanor and calculating tactical ability. While far from uncaring, he knows that battle can ask for some tough choices, and you can’t be weighed down by feelings. He is not afraid to sacrifice some of his own men if the need should arise, though knowing the value of morale and the cost of training, he keeps unneeded sacrifice down to a minimum.

Coldtac now works in smaller lances, sometimes leading, sometimes simply providing tactical and ground support. He is a well known member of The Thoughts of War, and has even been rumored to be a potential candidate to replace Master Razor if he steps down (Though Master Razor still claims to be in the prime of his life).

Given a Kalashtar’s dual nature, Coldtac seems to have memories of a life or lives left long ago. They are always a jumbled blur if they surface at all. Coldtac only has what he was told about his recruitment (an honor bestowed on few legionnaires), and he has no reason to doubt Render. Coldtac dismisses these memories and lingering effects of his Kalashtar nature, and nothing more.

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

The others say, they have put it behind them. They say, it doesn’t matter to them anymore, they live now, not in the past. After more than ten years one would think, that I could let go. But that’s the point, isn’t it? Let go. Leave behind all memory, cut away by sorcerous rituals, leave behind that which caused me to be me. It goes against my very nature, I need to know who I am and why. The very root of all compulsions, of all mental influences is to manipulate those silent and unseen causes, the murky depths of memory and subconscious. Because changing that which comes before changes that which will be. By hiding memories from an other, by planting memes creeping through the holes created in the self, I assume command over the minds of others. And yet here I am, ever circling the gaping hole in my mind where my memories used to be.

Who was I in the Before? The ‘Before’, a term of the Nameless Legion that finds little use most of the time. But ... I think, I know who I am now. But I have explored the nature of the human mind, it is my chosen profession to know how the mind works and manipulate those workings. I know, that in order to truly know yourself, you need to know the origin of everything that made you what you are, all the experiences that formed your spirit. Because without them, you are easily shaped into new ways, have no core of existence that remains stable. I suspect, that is why the Paymasters are doing it. But why in all the Nine Hells and the infinite depths of the Abyss, did I submit to this? Willingly! Knowing, what it would entail! It is pure madness, yet ...

I have adapted, I think. I am not who I was before, I am a new person. Eleven years among the Legion, eleven years of hardship and triumph, of friends found and lost again to death or others. Eleven years that are my life now, in its entirety, and not a bad life at all. And yet I circle what I perceive as something missing, as if a whole decade of life was as nothing. And who knows, that one ritual ... but I grow weary of mysteries. There are too many of them, and too unsolvable are those that concern my past selves. I realize now, that letting go would have been a way, an opportunity to re-forge myself anew entirely, but pondering these questions has become part of my self and I won’t surrender it yet again!

Appearance:
Among a company consisting of creatures from all the known multiverse Shackler hardly stands out. A tall, lean human clad in black robes like so many other arcanists, he moves slowly but with a deliberateness that makes every motion seem inexorable. Like the rest of his body underneath the robes his bald head is adorned with numerous tattoos ranging from masterful depictions of battles to complex and incomprehensible geometric patterns. Only the strange light in his eyes and the facial structure that seems subtly abnormal sets him apart from others in terms of appearance.

Background:
Shackler is a twofold mystery, especially to himself. He knows for a fact, that he is not quite human; The icy clarity of his thoughts, the energies suffusing every cell and the awareness of every minute detail of his body’s workings are hard to ignore. But what exactly is he? A psionic ritual of enormous power must have been at work, transforming his body into this form, immune to the ravages of time. But whatever was behind it remains lost to him like the memories he surrendered with the Conditioning And there is the second enigma: Why would a master of thought like he accept such a mutilation of the self, suicide in a certain sense?

But those are thoughts for dark nights, when every mind is left to fend for itself, struggling with losses recent and long past as it is the way of every soldier. For a soldier Shackler is, through and through, one of the Nameless Legion that has been his family for all the eleven years of his third life. Since his first stumbling steps in the confusion of manufactured amnesia he has come to appreciate the unique situation of the Nameless Legion. Nominally they exist only to make profits for the Paymasters yes, but that’s just the surface. United by the severing of all ties and struggling together through conditions worse than any hell, camaraderie and friendship within the Legion are absolute. It’s what keeps people alive. Sure, there are all kinds of brawls and sometimes even serious fights, but in the end no one can afford to stand apart. The Legion is a certain kind of family after all.

Military History:
Upon joining the Nameless Legion Shackler was assigned to the Thoughts of War, immediately finding like minds among the mentalists and psionic creatures of that cadre. After a several months of training (encompassing the arts of the mind as well as the application of tactics) he was sent on his first mission as supporting caster to one of four lances commissioned to bring down a revolutionary movement on the desert world of Athas. After only three days of intelligence gathering the commanding officer, a sorcerer of the Rune Bearers, ordered a pincer attack on the rebel headquarter – Shackler (then called Nameless) advised against this move but had no authority. Sure enough the attack went spectacularly haywire. Lacking communication between the lances, bad timing in the assault and a thoroughly botched attempt to take out the enemy defilers spelled doom for the task force. Of twenty highly trained legionnaires only three made it out of the killing field prepared by the rebel, who were anticipating the attack. Fleeing the city Shackler and the two others had no choice but to return on foot to the worldgate contact-point 200 miles away – the possibility of securing backup or a quick way out had died with the officer. Four weeks later Shackler and Twelve-Arrows, a warrior of the Stinging Sand, arrived starved and half-mad with thirst, having marched through the desert all the way. With them were the last in a succession of bandit groups, that had thought the two travellers an easy mark and had succumbed to arrows and mind-bending – their supplied had kept the two alive.

Back in the Paymasters’ headquarter Shackler vowed not to let something similar happen again, if he could help it. As psionicist and tactician he had a duty to look further ahead and ward him and his fellows of the Legion from such disasters. Even if despite proper intelligence something went wrong, there had to be a way out for the legionnaires. So Shackler expanded his field of study to that of instant communication and travel, going even so far as to neglect his telepathy skills to study under an Ulitharid master of astral transport until he had learned to mimic the arcane spell of teleporting through mental force. Also he intensified his education in the finer points of tactics. Shackler does make errors, but he learns from them.

Since that first engagement Shackler has taken part in literally hundreds of missions, from all-out sorcerous warfare over lance-scale conflict to espionage, underground work and difficult inter-planar parleys. His abilities are valued highly by his superiors for their versatility – he can play the game of destruction almost as well as any sorcerer and very few match his skill at turning opponent minds again themselves, dominating them and extracting precious information. His guile in on-the-spot negotiations is widely known and his tactical advise is solid. Finally Shackler has turned his hard lessons into a strength – he provides long range communication, tactical coordination through mind-linking and instantaneous transportation to his lance, knowing that this more than raw strength makes the difference in the kind of conflicts the Nameless Legion is involved in.

Personality:
Shackler is a very cerebral person. In dangerous or unknown situations calculating odds, weighting cost and benefit and comparing possible outcomes are vital in coming to a decision. Between engagements he can be seen lost in thought or silent meditation as often as in the company of his friends, who are few but close. Even in the Legion his chosen trade as a mentalist and his skills of social manipulation are enough to keep many people at a distance, but those looking past prejudice and superstition find a loyal and steadfast friend in him.

Those who know him, are also aware that his rather extreme focus on the rational stems not from inability to deal with other persons as it is the nature of many arcanists but rather a way of dealing with his personal demons. The ritual leading to his second life, the psychic surgery of the Paymasters, the countless mental clashes with other psionic creatures have had consequences for Shackler – in short, he has suffered psychic wounds (enemies call him ‘slightly unhinged’). By keeping to the rational side of things Shackler ensures, that his actions remain true to his will instead of being triggered by snap judgement or suddenly overwhelming emotions.

Though he has no love for battle and views his engagement as the one line of work he and his comrades are good at as well as a chance to hone his mind in the clash of wills, there is a cruel streak in Shackler that sometimes comes to the fore as skirmishes turn nasty or when friends are threatened. On such occasions the detached mind of the soldier gives way to cold vengefulness – the fight gets personal and often quite vicious.

Mechanics:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] Shackler
[b]Class/Level:[/b] Psion 12

[b]Race:[/b] Elan                   [b]Age:[/b] Unknown
[b]Size:[/b] Medium                 [b]Height:[/b] 6’2”
[b]Gender:[/b] Male                 [b]Weight:[/b] 170lb
[b]Region:[/b] n/a                  [b]Eyes:[/b] Green
[b]Alignment:[/b] LN                [b]Hair:[/b] ---
[b]Deity:[/b] None                  [b]Skin:[/b] White, heavily tattooed

[b]Str:[/b] 08 -1                              [b]Level:[/b] 12     [b]XP:[/b] 66,000/78,000
[b]Dex:[/b] 14 +2                              [b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1    [b]HP:[/b] 87 (12d4+36+14)
[b]Con:[/b] 16 +3                              [b]Grapple:[/b] +5   [b]Dmg Red:[/b] n/a
[b]Int:[/b] 26 +8                              [b]Speed:[/b] 30'    [b]Spell Res:[/b] n/a
[b]Wis:[/b] 13 +1                              [b]Init:[/b] +6      [b]Spell Save:[/b] n/a
[b]Cha:[/b] 08 -1                              [b]ACP:[/b] -0       [b]Spell Fail:[/b] n/a

[b]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/b]
[b]Armor:[/b] 10    +9*    +3    +2    +0    +0    +0   24
[b]Touch:[/b] 12              [b]Flatfooted:[/b] 22
*([i]inertial armor[/i])

[b]Base   Mod  Misc  Total
Fort:[/b]                 4     +3    +5      +12
[b]Ref:[/b]                  4     +2    +5      +11
[b]Will:[/b]                 8     +1    +5      +14

[b]Languages:[/b] Common, Undercommon, Draconic, Infernal, Elven

[b]Abilities and traits:[/b] 
-psionic powers
-aberration traits
-Resistance (Su)
-Resilience (Su)
-Repletion (Su)

In addition to these abilities Shackler always keeps up the following powers:

-An [i]inertial[/i] armor augmented to 11pp (duration 12 hours)
-A [i]contingency[/i] to trigger a fully augmented [i]vigor[/i] (60hp) should his hit points fall below 15.

[b]Feats:[/b]
Level 1: Improved Initiative
Psion 1: Psionic Body
Level 3: Psionic Endowment
Psion 5: Psionic Meditation
Level 6: Power Penetration
Level 9: Expanded Knowledge: Teleport
Psion 10: Expanded Knowledge: Psionic Revivify
Level 12: Greater Psionic Endowment

[b]Skill Points:[/b] 105      Max Ranks: 15/7
[b]Skills                      Ranks  Mod  Misc    Total[/b]
Bluff                         9    -1    +0      + 8
Concentration                15    +3    +0      +18 
Diplomacy                    10    -1    +6      +15 (+4 synergy,+2 morale)
Gather Information            4    -1    +0      + 3
Knowledge (psionics)         12    +8    +0      +20
Knowledge (the planes)        2    +8    +0      +10
Knowledge (arcana)            2    +8    +0      +10
Profession (Tactician)        5    +1    +0      + 6
Psicraft                     15    +8    +2      +25
Sense Motive                  9    +1    +0      +10

Spellcraft                    1    +8    +0      + 9
Intimidate                    7    -1    +9      +15 (+2 synergy, +2 morale, +5 Third Eye)
Move Silently                 3    +2    +5      +10 (+5 elven boots)

[b]Psionics:[/b]

PP: 176
Powers known (save DC 18+level, 19+level for telepathy powers):

1: [i]Charm, Detect Psionics, Empty Mind, Inertial Armor, Mindlink, Vigor[/i]
2: [i]Read Thoughts, Suggestion[/i]
3: [i]Crisis of Breath, Dispel Psionics, Hostile Empathic Transfer, Energy Bolt, Psionic Blast[/i]
4: [i]Correspond, Dominate, Energy Adaption, Modify Memory, Schism[/i]
5: [i]Mind Probe, Planeshift, Psionic Revivify, Teleport, True Seeing[/i]
6: [i]Mass Cloud Mind, Contingency, Disintegrate[/i]

[b]Equipment:                           Cost   Weight[/b]

Headband of Intellect +6          36000gp
Mithral chain shirt                1100gp   12.5lb
Mithral buckler +2                 5015gp    2.5lb
Tattoo of Amity                       0gp
Cloak of Resistance +5            25000gp      1lb
Psionatrix of Telepathy*           8000gp
Amulet of Health +2                4000gp
Boots of Elvenkind                 2500gp      1lb
Third Eye of Coercion              2500gp
Handy Haversack                    2000gp      5lb
Dorje of Energy Bolt (40 charges)  9000gp

Potion of CSW x3                   2250gp
Potion of CMW x3                    900gp
Potion of Lesser Restoration        300gp
Antitoxin                            50gp
Alchemist’s Fire                     20gp
Powerstone: Knock, Psionic          300gp
            Psionic Lock
Powerstone: Control Light           100
            Control Sound
Powerstone: Attraction              250gp
            Conceal Thoughts
            Tongues

Bedroll                               1sp      5lb
Tent                                 10gp     20lb
Parchment, 5 sheets                   1gp       -
Pouch, belt x2                        2gp      1lb
Rope, silk                           10gp      5lb
Vial, ink                             1gp    0.1lb
Waterskin                             1gp      4lb
Everburning torch                   100gp      1lb
Scholar’s outfit                      5gp      6lb
Noble’s robe                         75gp     10lb

*Made into a ring

[b]Total Weight: 22lb[/b]              [b]Money:[/b] 56pp left

[b]Lgt   Med    Hvy    Lift   Push
Max Weight:[/b]               26lb   53lb   80lb

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Bront said:
Wait, so If I get a headband of Intelect, it gives me more skill points? Is this from 1st level, or only at the level you get it and beyond? (This is clearly different from the rules, so I just want all the clairification)

Good question. And if you house rule that, from what level onwards would one count the Int bonus to skill points?

Bye
Thanee

Dakkareth

First Post
Mmh, does an armor bonus from a power apply to touch AC? It isn't a material armor after all, but rather a force field of sorts ... otoh it's classified as armor bonus. :confused:

Albedo

First Post
Bront said:
Wait, so If I get a headband of Intelect, it gives me more skill points? Is this from 1st level, or only at the level you get it and beyond? (This is clearly different from the rules, so I just want all the clairification)

Only PERMANENT bonuses like Inherant ones can affect your skill points. a headband does not qualify.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
I would love to get in on this game as well and depending on what the group needs I would either make a Warmage or a cleric of some kind. So far I have seen only fighters or psions made and not sure which I would prefer to go.

Hmmm, might just go Mystic Theruge acually using Warmage/cleric (or cleric like).

What do you think?

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Thanee said:
...and one bard, please! :D

Bye
Thanee

My apologies with not including the Bard even though I remember glancing at the write up and wondering what the “Hey” is a gloura?

Remove ads