• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Players from Hell.

A player who had basically guilted her way into my game ("my therapist says it's very important that I be part of this group") watched while a PC argued with an NPC merchant over the price of a magic sword. When the negotiation was over, she said to the PC's player: "Oh, come on, I'm sure you can jew him down!"

Long silence around the table.

"Oh!" she said to me, "I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were Jewish."

As if THAT'S the point....

Two side notes:

(1) this was the first time I had heard that derogatory use of the word "Jew" used in real life, as opposed to reading about it in books about anti-Semitism. I guess I was lucky growing up.

(2) she wasn't in my game much longer.

The Spectrum Rider

Last edited:

wolff96

First Post
Wow...

These stories make me really, really glad that most of the people I game with are deformed in more obvious, physical ways and leave the mental problems at home. Including me. :)

Steverooo

First Post
Players from... Earth Question:

I'll skip the horror stories and keep it short, because I have a question... I have seen this, twice, and in one case, *I* was the "problem player".

Twice, now, I have seen an online game, where the PCs didn't seem to know what to do. In each case, there was one "headless chicken" player, running about all over, trying everything. In each case, the "do nothing" PCs seem to gang up on the ones trying to do something, until they leave. After that, the game grinds to a halt, as no one does much of anything, and players eventually quit.

Is this unique to me, to online gaming, or does this occur in Table-top, face-to-face play, too? I have bever seen it, in "real life". What is your experience?

The first time I saw this, I was running the game. The second time, I was playing the mystery-solver... By the time we got to the first combat, two PCs had quit, and I was the third. Funniest line after that was: "Where are we supposed to be going, next? It's been so long, I've forgotten." (None of the other players bothered taking notes on all the questions my "pesky PC" was asking!)

TalonComics

First Post
I've had some crappy players in-game before but no one as bad as the guy in the first story. I personally don't want people drinking alcohol during the game and the guy who drank a 12 pack during a game would have been booted that night. Buh bye!

A great way to screen potential home game players is to play with a bunch of local folks during RPGA events. You'll find your favorites and your "no ways" after just a few games.

~D

MatthewJHanon

First Post
I had a player show up for game slightly drunk once. She wasn't totally waisted or anything, she just had a lot of trouble focusing on game, and spent a lot of the time flirting with me instead. It was rough.

Did I mention she was beautiful and intelligent?

Treacherous

First Post
pee man

There was a guy a friend brought to a game at my house who had some kind of obvious physical problem. I have no idea what the problem was--he just had kind of soft facial features, no volume control, and was very slightly twichy. Not a problem (except the volume a couple of times), he was an ok gamer and all, until about halfway through the evening, when he goes to the bathroom. I happened to need to go just after him, at which point I discovered the seat was down and there were great puddles of urine totally covering it. I mean there was piss every which place anywhere near that seat. On the rim under it, splashed onto the floor, everywhere. I can understand a motor control problem, but damn, just lift up the seat if you can't not piss all over it! What, had this problem never come up before in his life? He didn't smell bad, so presumably he didn't usually sit around in his own urine.

I wiped it up and didn't say anything. My mistake. He was invited back one more time, whereupon he did the exact same thing. No more after that.

-Ekimus-

First Post
We had a weird DM that loved to imitate female voices whenever we ran into a female NPC. It was creepy, because he also had a very strange facination with interracial homosexual sex. AKA male psuedodragon male half orc, which he somehow made happen between 2 PC's in the party, somehow with a potion of love and a change self or something. Either way, we left that guy right after that session

Teflon Billy

Explorer
MatthewJHanon said:
I had a player show up for game slightly drunk once. She wasn't totally waisted or anything, she just had a lot of trouble focusing on game, and spent a lot of the time flirting with me instead. It was rough.

Did I mention she was beautiful and intelligent?

Oh you poor thing.

Remove ads