D&D 5E Player's Handbook Binding

wedgeski

Adventurer
FWIW, mine's in excellent shape. I had some minor issues with pages "stuck" together near the very edges, but they came apart without any damage.

trentonjoe

Explorer
My binding split. Somewhere around the sorcerer pages it has come apart. None of the pages have come out but it's only a matter of time.

I contacted WOTC but they want me to mail it back. I don't want to be without it for 2 weeks so I guess I am going to deal with it.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
The box it came in from amazon was fine...and the edges of the cover were fine.

But as you can see in the pic, the first forty or so pages took a big dent.

During manufacture before covers?

pages.png

variant

Adventurer
The box it came in from amazon was fine...and the edges of the cover were fine. But as you can see in the pic, the first forty or so pages took a big dent. During manufacture before covers? View attachment 63774
Odds are something like was caused during storage or shipment. People handle them all the way from the printer to when they put it in the shipment box at Amazon's warehouse.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
My book's fine and none of my player's have complained.

I am amused whenever I read, "...for a $50 book, it should be..." Yes, gilded with gold, I know. Just like the shelf full of $50+ books on my RPG shelf beside me. :p

To be fair, are the majority of those $50 books beside you noticeably damaged?

Mine came from a Barnes and Noble, and is in very good shape, so I'm glad of that, but I'm not discounting the damage claims coming in from more than a handful of gamers, and I'm pretty sure WotC is interested in a higher-than-normal number of damaged books because it jacks up their bottom line the more there are.

Agamon

Adventurer
To be fair, are the majority of those $50 books beside you noticeably damaged?

More of a general statement, that's why I left it open ended. It's not that I don't think books should be undamaged, just more of an observation that some are still fixated on the price of the book for some reason.

variant

Adventurer
To be fair, are the majority of those $50 books beside you noticeably damaged? Mine came from a Barnes and Noble, and is in very good shape, so I'm glad of that, but I'm not discounting the damage claims coming in from more than a handful of gamers, and I'm pretty sure WotC is interested in a higher-than-normal number of damaged books because it jacks up their bottom line the more there are.
People generally don't keep damaged or defective goods. They send them back and get a replacement. Wizards will know whether if there is a high rate of defective books when they get the replacement rates from retail stores.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
My binding split. Somewhere around the sorcerer pages it has come apart. None of the pages have come out but it's only a matter of time.

I contacted WOTC but they want me to mail it back. I don't want to be without it for 2 weeks so I guess I am going to deal with it.

My suggestion, especially looking at your posted picture, go without for 2 weeks. If not, you're going to end up buying another before too long and being upset about the whole thing (at least I would).

You could always buy a spare. It's nice to have a table copy around, if you can afford it.

Thaumaturge.

Quickleaf

Legend
I noticed the binding on my PHB starting to split as well. Purchased thru Amazon.

This is something to contact WOTC with, right, and not Amazon?

Remove ads