• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Players needed in 34639 (Land O Lakes, north of Tampa/FL)

azhrei_fje

First Post
Hey folks. I'm pretty happy with the group that I'm running through RttToEE, except... We have been cut down to just 3 players (1 man, 2 women). We are all long-time gamers, ages range from 25 to 45, non-smokers and, for the most part, non-drinkers (although I don't mind having a beer on an evening when I'm planning particularly wicked attacks on the players :heh: and some of the players do indulge outside of game time). I've been playing off-and-on since 1978 and I have a reputation for deviousness -- what's good for the PCs is good for the NPCs, so my players know that my modules are not going to be a cakewalk.

If you can commit to a Sunday afternoon once or twice a month, both you and your clone are cordially invited! ;) (Oh, and we like to plan ahead at least a couple weeks, so if you're someone who likes to wait until the night before the game hoping that something better comes along to fill your schedule (!) you need not apply!)

Basically, RttToEE requires at least 4 characters so the current group is actually running 6 in case a PC dies and a player needs another PC to play for the rest of the session. (There have been 8 deaths so far and the PCs have gone from level 4 to level 9. :cool: ) We run RttToEE updated to 3.5E using resources on the web (via boards here at ENworld and at ZansForCans -- although the Zans site appears to be dead :().

The ideal candidate is not a "rules lawyer", prefers hack-n-slash with just a little character development (at least, as far as the RttToEE module goes!), and will keep their character sheet up to date with a copy to the DM -- we use DMGenie to manage our game and PCs and we use MapTool for tabletop mapping over a network. If you meet two or more of the above, we're probably a good match for each other!

If you're interested, drop me an email and we can chat more about particulars!

azhrei_fje

First Post
Thanks, Dave. You're right about driving for 2 hours, of course.

But I drive to JAX a few times a year and I can do that in 3h20m. Gainesville should be about 1h30m, give or take a few minutes. I'm driving to JAX again in August, so I'll pay more attention to the timing.

That's still a very long drive, though. :( Would it matter if our gaming session were longer? We usually play a 4-hour session, but I think some of us are hankering for a longer game day; maybe 6 or 7 hours? Just thinking out loud...

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I could not do it with the regularity that I'd want to.

Adding 3-4 hours of driving time/session would be too much to do on any sort of regular basis. :( (Especially with gas prices where they are - it'd be around $40-$50 in gas (1 tank) per trip. :eek: )

However, I am playing Lotto tonight, so if that pans out...you never know. ;)

gamer_girl69

First Post
So how did the Lotto go, Dave? I'm one of the members of Azhrei's merry little crew, and I'm helping him encourage you to come try a session or two out. We'll be on our best behavior, I promise... :)

Carol

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Strangely, I did not win.

I don't understand it. The guy who sold me the tickets even said "good luck!" I thought for sure that meant I'd win.

Stupid odds....

What you guys need to do is move to Ocala (or better yet, Gainesville) and then we can play without a problem!

gamer_girl69

First Post
Same thing happened to me when I bought a Holiday Millionaire Raffle ticket last December. The guy who sold it to me wished me good luck, and I walked away clutching what I thought was a winning ticket. Alas, I'm still poor.... And still trying to recruit people for our campaign!

azhrei_fje

First Post
And being darn persistent about it, too! Not that I can fault you for that, especially since it's for my personal benefit!

(Hi, Carol. :))

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Best of luck to both of you!

I know how hard it is to find good players (and those who will consistently show up).

If my circumstances should ever change, I'll let you know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads