D&D 5E Players, would you play in a game that only used the 5.1 SRD?

Would you play in a game that only used the 5.1 SRD?

• Yes

Votes: 59 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 19.2%

overgeeked

B/X Known World
A fairly simple question.

As a player, would you play in a game that only used the 5.1 SRD?

Only the races and subraces in the SRD. Hill dwarf, high elf, lightfoot halfling, standard human, dragonborn, rock gnome, half-elf, half-orc, and tiefling. No others.

Only the classes and subclasses in the SRD. No artificer, only the base 12 classes. Only berserker barbarian, college of lore bard, life cleric, circle of land druid, champion fighter, open hand monk, devotion paladin, hunter ranger, thief rogue, draconic sorcerer, fiend warlock, and evocation wizard. None of the other subclasses.

One background or a custom build your own. One feat and no others. Only the spells from the SRD. Etc.

Would you play in a game that only used the 5.1 SRD?

Zardnaar

Legend
Would probably need some more info but from the look of it yes. There's a couple of things there I want to try. Idk what spells for example are in the SRD.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
With a DM and group of players I enjoy playing with, I'm not going to get hung up on the rules too much. I'm very flexible, as a player, with systems, homebrew, campaign-specific limitations, etc.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Can we cut the races down to Hill dwarf, high elf, standard human and rock gnome?

Classes life cleric, circle of land druid, champion fighter, open hand monk, devotion paladin, hunter ranger, thief rogue, draconic sorcerer.

Sure, I'd play that (though maybe not for a full campaign)

I'd play a 1-shot or limited campaign with just 5.1 SRD, but as a wizard main who loves designing spells, I wouldn't commit to a long campaign that restricts me from something that I really enjoy.

Incenjucar

Legend
If a dear friend of mine really wanted it and they provided good snacks, sure. I'd also play a 1E game or a Vampire: The Masquerade game for the same reasons. You have to have a pretty horrible game to be not worth playing with good friends, like FATAL or something.

Remove ads