• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playing Minotaurs

Fallen Seraph

First Post
D&D Playing Minotaurs

Well in this newest Dragon article we get:

-Tons of fluff
-Minotaur Stats
-Four Heroic Feats
-Three Paragon Feats
-One Epic Feat
-Three Paragon Paths

Also this might peak the interest of some:
to be a member of a race that favors the barbarian, fighter, and warden classes.

Last edited:

There has been rumblings that this was a possibility. But nothing definite till now.

That means that the four Primal classes are all but confirmed as Druid, Barbarian, Warden, and Shaman.

Assuming Warden is the Defender(safe assumption), we know Barbarian is a Striker, and Shaman has been spoken of as the Primal Leader. Time to assume that Druid is a Controller?

HazardCatcher

First Post
Note that this Minotaur doesn't get oversized weapons

I was almost sure this would happen.

I've seen some pretty in depth damage potential by race/class charts and the minotaur and bugbear always topped them because of their "OVERSIZE" feature.

Warden sure does sound very defendery, and I suppose they could mean it as in "a warden of the woods", someone who protects nature. Plus we now know the barbarian is not a defender(it's a striker) so the Primal Power Source needs one. My first thought though was this was the Divine striker, though that didn't sit right with me. I'm a little disappointed the "W" didn't stand for WitchHunter. I was hoping we would see a "monster slayer" build and an "inquisitor" build.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I'm putting my bet on Primal Defender as well. I could see it being Primal and all having Powers oriented towards having the land/spirits that it watches over rising up to defend himself and his allies.

Come on Warden summoning twin spirit hounds to carrel enemies toward him and away from his allies
biggrin.gif

Jack99

Adventurer
Very nice article.

Aside from the race and some decent fluff (I really like the new(?) take on the minotaurs' relationship with mazes), we also got some crunch.

4 Heroic feats
3 Paragon feats
1 Epic feat
3 Paragon Paths

I think it would be cool if WotC would follow-up on the core races, and make some more racial feats as well (and especially) some racial paragon paths for them.

Runestar

First Post
Which means I can probably expect a similar nerf to the bugbear in a future article...

Goodbye, my 2d6 brutal2 large executioner axes. It was great knowing you...:(

Remove ads