• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Playtest: The Druid (merged)

spinmd

Fishy DM
Am I missing something or is it only 1st and 2nd level, when I load the page I get no 3rd level encounter powers...

Hawke

Explorer
Anybody else notice the part where it says Druids start with THREE At-Wills?

Kind of interestingly congruent to wizards two daily spells. Seems to make some sense... Druids have some more options with lower-level controllery stuff (aside from wizard cantrips) while Wizards have more options when it comes to big-bad-powerful spells.

fba827

Adventurer
it says level 1-3 but (at least when i load it) it seems to only to go level 2 utilities.. i don't see lvl 3 encounters. is my page just loading wierd or something and therefore not getting the level 3 powers?

It bears saying that I didn't have to sign in to Insider to read this. Also, it was advertised that this would be a playtest. Playtests prior to this ran all 30 levels.

Drakhar

First Post
Yah but atleast one of them has to be a beast power and no more then two can be, for their entire career as a Druid. And all I know is that Druids better be sure that their defenders know the kind of trouble that they'll be bringing down on them with Call of the Beast, because it's a Burst 1 at-will.

Last edited:

Phaezen

Adventurer
And that they have EIGHT to choose from straight off the bat.

That said, so far I am liking what I am seeing. The utilities seem to give erm utility to the beast form. Skittering sneak is nice for those players who like using thier wildshape to scout and spy.

Phaezen

Kind of interestingly congruent to wizards two daily spells. Seems to make some sense... Druids have some more options with lower-level controllery stuff (aside from wizard cantrips) while Wizards have more options when it comes to big-bad-powerful spells.
You're right.

This way, Druids always have two At-Wills available, no matter which form they're in. Human Druids will have an extra At-Will available to them in one of those forms.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads