Playtest: Warlock Updates

Ryujin

Legend
Coloring error. The power still reads as an Encounter power. It's the first thing I made sure to check. Fey Switch is awesome.

Agreed. It's a Swiss Army Knife power. I've used it to pop a Striker into CA, get characters across chasms and rivers, and save our DGoA from being pounded into pemmican on numerous occasions. Making it a Daily would have made me a sad panda.

I think prime shot needs to go and warlocks gain a flat +1 bonus to attacks against cursed targets.

I think that it's OK, as it is. It gives you a bonus, for taking a risk. Making it a flat bonus, against Cursed opponents, would make Called Shot too good of a feat.

Last edited:

Destil

Explorer
Pact Daggers do not play well with the expertiese feats in essentials products, nor with the errataed versions of feats like weapon focus. "These daggers are highly sought after by warlocks" is not accurate (heh) due to this.

Ryujin

Legend
Pact Daggers do not play well with the expertiese feats in essentials products, nor with the errataed versions of feats like weapon focus. "These daggers are highly sought after by warlocks" is not accurate (heh) due to this.

DM gave me a +5 Pact Dagger, at level 20, and it actually reduced my hit chances, significantly, if I used it. And that wasn't Essentials. It became a once-in-a-while off-hand item, for the purpose of automatically popping cursed minions. I have to admit that on one occasion, because of that, my Darkspiral Aura was something that the opponents REALLY didn't want to invoke.

Zaran

Adventurer
I also believe, dire radiance should be changed to con or cha... OR a star pact warlord should get cha to his AC instead of int...

this way you are not that dependant on 3 stats... (2 stats is enough)

You guys need to write to them and let them know. just maybe they will actually change their mind about something we tell them.

Oates

First Post
This trend of making the extra damage go per turn as opposed to per round bodes well for the Ranger. Hunter's Quarry damage once per turn = ouch.

Obryn

Hero
The only thing I've seen as potential feedback so far is that Dire Radiance and a handfull of other star warlock powers should be Cha or Con or they should just drop Cha entirely and all starlock powers should be Con.
If you change it to pure Constitution, you run the risk of invalidating a lot of characters more completely than any other bit of Errata. :) I think keeping it flexible is the way to go, myself.

I will be emailing them today!

-O

No, i think the dual stat dependance is flavourful, and the pact boon helps compensating that...
I just think, that the option of having both options of charisma or constitution on the at will is fair...

Mentat55

First Post
Making dire radiance Con or Cha makes a lot of sense. Another possible change would be to give star pact warlocks a feature that lets them use either Con or Cha instead of Dex/Int for AC.

Remove ads