• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please help me build a 15th level character

ArcOfCorinth

First Post
Rogue 10/Duelist 5
Rogue 8/Assassin/Ranger 1/Shadowdancer 5
Straight up 15 levels of Monk. Buy yourself a ring of shocking blows, monk's belt, headband of perfect elegance (i think that's it), sandals of the tiger's leap (or whatever its called) and a necklace of fireballs (IV).

Any ideas on what the campaign will focus on? Talk to your DM. If its something like a campaign where you have a distinctly clear foe (such as drow...lots of drow!) then go Ranger 8/Foe Hunter 7 and be your favored enemy's worst nightmare come true. It might be fun to roleplay (my entire family were kidnapped and sacrificed to Lolth so I seek to kill all drow in revenge).

zyzzyr

First Post
Hi all,

It doesn't seem possible to go Rgr6/Animal Lord9.

You need two feats to take Animal Lord: Animal Control (direct prereq) and Animal Defiance (prereq for Animal Control). These feats require you to be able to cast speak with animals and detet animals or plants, respectively. Since Rangers don't get spellcasting abilities until 4th level, they only have 1 feat between 4 and 6, and thus can only take one or the other. It looks as though you would need to be a 9th level Ranger to get the extra feat, or take a level of fighter to get the extra feat. [i.e. you need to take Animal Defiance at 3rd, which isn't possible with Ranger].

One odd sidenote: Being a Rgr6/Lord9 might be possible if you are a gnome. Gnomes can cast speak with animals for burrowing animals only - this might allow them to take Animal Control (though would it only let them control burrowing animals?).

Nightfall - I definitely looked at Vigilant, but I didn't like the ties that come with it - my DM would probably make these obligations an important part of the world, and I wanted to avoid that. Will look at it again in case I missed something.

Cheers,

zyzzyr

Surefoot

First Post
Sun Elf Wizard 13 / Archmage 2 with Spellcasting Prodigy, with spellpower +2 and another neat ability.

Accept no substitute!

WattsHumphrey

First Post
I've been wanting to try out a Cleric/Heirophant. Take all the levels in Heirophant that you can to max out Spell Power. Possibly take Reach Spell. Focus on casting Harm so well that nobody'll be able to avoid your SR checks.

Every round you knock somebody to a d4hps from 30ft away :)

Jeph

Explorer
Try Ranger 9 / Blade Dancer (from OA) 6, as a speed twink sort of thing. You'd need the Cosmopolitan feat to give your ranger Tumble as a class skill, but that's worth the +20 bonus to Balance, Jump, and Tuble checks, along with the 70' base speed and ability to walk on air. They're not the most effective fighters in the world (although they are damn good), but they sure are the coolest.

Ace

Adventurer
zyzzyr said:
Hi,

Why the two suggestions for bbn low/brd high? What is it in particular about these combinations that is appealing?

Thanks for the help!

Oh easy. Barbarian ups your only weak save (Fortitude) Gives you access to martial weapons, more HP, fast move and wilderness lore

Since you are a lightly armored type (most likely) having 2 levels of Barbarian lets you keep your dex bonus to AC even if flanked

18 levels of Barbarian will let you get access to all 6 levels of spells--

If you decide to go with this combo good feats for you include

Cosmopolitan (Wilderness Lore) and Tracking. This makes you a party tracker.

Other nice choices

Augment Summoning (if you go the summoner route)
Great Fortitude (You can have excellent across the board saves)

with the right combination of feat you become the ultimate support machine

Oni

First Post
I'd probably take an opportunity like this to play a something like one of the following.

A shade- a mage refugee from the city of shade

A shadow sorcerer - shadow magic, lots of illusion and enchantment spells going into shadow adept.

Ranger/druid/Birdlord3/wolflord7. Just think it would make for an interesting tricky charcter, with sort of a dark feel about him. commanding wolves and ravens and crows.

Last edited:

Ace

Adventurer
Jeph said:
Try Ranger 9 / Blade Dancer (from OA) 6, as a speed twink sort of thing. You'd need the Cosmopolitan feat to give your ranger Tumble as a class skill, but that's worth the +20 bonus to Balance, Jump, and Tuble checks, along with the 70' base speed and ability to walk on air. They're not the most effective fighters in the world (although they are damn good), but they sure are the coolest.

Heh if you are going with a speed twink why not go with Barbarian 1 (you can't be rage but everything else applies) Infiltrator 8 (from Kingdoms of Kalamar) If the combination will meet the feat requirements (I don't know for sure) you would have a base move of 100'!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads