• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please tell me (and sell me/unsell me) on “They Came From Beneath the Sea!”

Currently there is a Bundle of Holding running for this game, has about four or five days left.

I can see that it’s a homage to Fifties/Roger Corman B-flick sci-fi, which is a cool idea, but I need to know how good the system (think it’s Storyteller?) works and what you think of the homages (is it a complete goof-fest or “Chronicles of Darkness” through a “filmed by Ed Wood” lens?).

Also how big is the community for it - I have admittedly bought games that I don’t think I will ever play with anybody before, but I am a complete sucker for homebrewing.

Thanks in advance.

Haiku Elvis

Knuckle-dusters, glass jaws and wooden hearts.
The only thing I know about the games came from this podcast interview with one of the writers. It should at least help you judge the tone and feel
Not DnD They came from...
I never really hear much about the games at all but I got a positive impression from listening so wish them well.

Thomas Shey

Legend
ICFBTS is one of the Storypath games. Its a fairly crunchy, semi-narrative focused game, using the same system they've used for the current versions of Scion and the Trinity games (along with a couple others). I have mixed feelings about the core system, but I've found the games interesting enough I own PDFs for rather a lot of them.

Remove ads