• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pledge Your Support for 3PPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archon of Light

First Post
Whatever reasons WotC has for their recent actions are no longer relevant to me. Ever since 4th Edition has been released, they have repeatedly shown little or no regard for their customers or their fans, and have only succeeded in alienating them further from their game and diminishing their passion for this industry. The time has come to take action.

If you support WotC or the 4th Edition game, that is a personal choice and no one, not even I, will fault you for staying loyal to your beliefs. But it is also a personal choice not to support them and their inconsiderate methods of trying to monopolize an industry that they nearly single-handedly revitalized not so long ago, and now seem hell-bent on destroying it for their own personal conquest. Just as it was their choice to give less than a 24 hour notice to suspend all of their pdf sales, along with a few other poorly-thought ideas executed within the last two years. But this is not the thread for discussing right or wrong.

This is about sending a very strong message to WotC in a way that they cannot possibly ignore. Every policy, every action, every decision seems to place more pressure on their third party competitors, and more importantly, it puts pressure on the very fanbase that has been here much longer than any of these companies. Regardless if I am currently active in a campaign, waiting to decide on my options if I do want to return to the hobby, or if I prefer to read online as opposed to hard copies in my hand, I am SICK of having the decisions being made for me by a company that no longer considers anything except what is in their own best interest.

The fact is, I have not purchased more than one or two gaming products in the last year, mostly because of the personal financial strain of being unemployed for so long, but I am pledging to purchase at least one product from one of my favorite 3rd party publishers this month. I am encouraging everyone else to do the same, regardless if you still continue to support WotC or their 4th Edition game.

I have also posted, not only to my gaming friends, but also to my non-gaming friends, to do likewise. Even if they don't play the game themselves, they might know somebody that does. Buy it for a friend or a family member. Heck, buy one for me. Just buy something to support the third party publishers who still give a damn about the fanbase and the products that they're making. Because without them, this is what we'll be stuck with for a long time: a company that's going to put itself first over everyone else. It doesn't have to be that way, and there are excellent gaming companies out there to prove it!

Please, spread the word. Tell everyone you know. Ask them to make a purchase from some of these great companies that truly deserve our business, and stop rewarding WotC for their actions. A lot of these companies are offering great deals right now, not only to show their support for the now-betrayed fans, but (I'm sure) to generate some extra revenue in these tough times.

My favorite is Paizo, which is offering 35% off almost all of their Pathfinder pdf products until the end of the month. I've been holding out until the release of their new RPG system, but now seems like a good time to check out some of their stuff and see if there is enough interest for me to pick up the game again. But whether you go to Paizo or another company, or whether you decide to buy a pdf or a physical product, just buy any little thing.

Times are tough on everyone, but I'm pledging to do my part as soon as I am able. If you really want to do something about it, you'll do yours, too.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads