• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Plese help rank these item abilities

random user

First Post
Hi, I'm creating a weapon which my players may or may not find. So if you are playing in my campaign (that's the Nyternia/Belar campaign for those who don't remember my account name), please stop reading. Not all (or any) of these things are going to make it in anyways...

In any event, I'm thinking that this weapon will have some charges per day, and the charges will allow it to perform certain actions which each take one or more charges.

How would you rank the following abilities, from best (ie most charges used) to worst (ie least charges used). All of these are free actions, and none of these would provoke an AoA:

- knock back opponent 10' on next hit, DC 25 reflex save to avoid, cancellable, but charges are used up even if cancelled.

- deflect arrow/bolt (as per Deflect Arrow feat)

- Free Action for 1 round (negate hold person, web, entangle, etc)

- stop time and instantly move up to 30'. You can only move (can't cast spells, use any other abilities, drink a potion etc) and if such movement takes you through hazardous areas (such as a wall of flame) you still take damage.

- recall (if the item is disarmed or you drop it, it returns to your hand)

- extra 2d6 damage on next hit (not multiplied for crits though)

- an extra +1 to hit/damage till end of combat

- an extra +2 to hit/damage till end of combat

- an extra +1 to AC till end of combat

- an extra +2 to AC till end of combat

- an extra +3 to AC till end of combat

- deflect magical ray

I'm not sure which abilities will go in, and I have an idea of which I think are the most powerful, but I'd like to get some other minds to help if you have the time.

Thanks in advance!

PS. If this belongs in house rules or something like that, please move it. I thought about putting there myself, but then thought that it's not really making custom rules, it's asking what people thought was the most powerful, so it probably belonged in general.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads