• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

plot/characterdriven adventures

cwhs01

First Post
Yes i kniow, i'ts been asked about before... But has anyone got suggestions as to adventures i could find, having strong character and plot driven elements.
I know DnD is also a monsterbash game, but i find that having a strong plot, the opposition being interesting npc's or pc interaction is actually my main reason for playing ANY rpg.
I'd prefer the adventures to be of lower to mid levels.
So far i've found only a few interesting adventures i might look into, incl. "shades of grey"(sp?), and an adventure located at a university/magical academy run by dwarfs (forget it's name). The last is actually okay but only until it turns into a monsterbash (and a hard and deadly one at that).
Now i'm looking for a few murdermysteries/political intrigue type games to suplement these two. Add a few sidequests and figure out a core quest (a quest that is semiindependent of all the seperate adventures in the campaign) and i've got a campaign...

diaglo

Adventurer
whispering woodwind by CMG
or maybe the root of evil series for the KoK setting by Kenzerco.
or you could try Of Sound Mind by Kevin Kulp or wait for OSM2 like the rest of us.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads