• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Plot ideas, pick your favorite.

Which of my plot ideas do you like?

• Toy Soldiers seems interesting

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • The great race got my motor running.

Votes: 57 45.6%
  • I could stand for a good, long swim.

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • These are horrible plot ideas.. i'm giving you one of mine.

Votes: 15 12.0%

Goblyn

Explorer
I voted #1, but #2 I think would be prety fun, I think. As I read throught the thread, I thought a mix of the two as a half-dozen session or so part of a regular campaign would be interesting.

"The party and their nemeses were ambushed mid-battle by a powerful lich(necessarily insane, as liches are) who decides to end the fighting by truning them all into innocuous toys and distributes the different groups in different parts of the city.
"Whichever group reaches the temple on the other side of town first gets restored."

Drowbane

First Post
The Great Race...

... in Eberron!! Be sure to include locales such as the Frostfel, Xen'drik, the Mourn Lands, and Droam!

With the start/finish line being in Sharn (where else, really?).

kroh

First Post
Great race and underwater (if done right). RPG's are just the same themes thrown into different locales. AS far as the toys go... That would annoy me as a player.

...Now sex change ray guns are a totally different story...

Regards,
Walt

Aeolius

Adventurer
Menexenus said:
The underwater setting...I'd be excited about participating in.
Frukathka said:
An aquatic game would certainly be fun.
Fat Daddy said:
...the underwater campaign...I would be very excited about.
Illirion said:
Underwater would be cool...
Stormborn said:
#3 is interesting, something I would like to try sometime.
Mycanid said:
I voted for the aquatic adventure.

Where were all of you folks, when I was recruiting for my undersea game? ;)

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
Yeah, put another check in the #2 column from me. It could be set up like an Iron Man Marathon or whatever that race is that has the participants swim, run and bike throughout the course. So, 1 leg of the journey could be by flying machine, a second might be on foot (through a maze perhaps), a third might actually be in a submersible, etc.

Going with this, you could use IGPX as inspiration for a leg (or more). Basically its NASCAR + mecha + some rough housing. A team of three races against other teams so long as at least 1 member crosses the finish line and leaving the course has you eliminated (flying isn't allowed but assisted jumping is).

There's also the Cannonball Run route with some Wile E. Coyote or Dick Dastardly antics or an actual goal to be accomplished like the vaccine run to Nome, Alaska.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
My default answer is "do them all."

#1 and #3 can easily fit into a "mini-adventure" as part of #2. I completely agree with the scavenger hunt, possibly verifiable by claiming a cultural item from each of seven continents.

One item, in the frozen north, traps the characters in the bodies of toys. And it's Christmas Eve! Hilarity ensues as the PC's try to convince the Elves and Father Christmas that they don't belong in the sack with the rest of the toys. Nutcracker Prince, anyone?

Another item, in the Bermuda Triangle, forces the PCs to go underwater to verify, once and for all, that there IS an Atlantis.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Unnahwarduh. There just ain't enough liquid-environment campaigns around these days.

It's different, and if it's done well, your players will love you for it.

Trust me. :uhoh:

Tsillanabor

First Post
#1 would be great and won my vote, but since most players are not me it might not work. Perhaps try it as a single adventure first to see how it goes.

#2 could also be fun. I like the idea of a giant scavenger hunt. That or have rules that prohibit killing all of your opponents. Of course all parties would be trying to cheat...

#3 can be fun for a while, but I've never been able to keep players interested for long. Oddly enough undersea adventures seem to work really well in heroic modern campaigns.

Remove ads